What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Use of performance parts intended for Mini?

A

Anonymous

Hey everyone,

I am still waiting for my baby, but in the meanwhile I am looking for options to get more power. Since the unit under the hood is the same as Mini coopers, do you suppose we can use upgrades on rcz as well?
I am going to contact ALTA to tell me whats up, since I can source their parts easy.

A

Anonymous

The engines themselves are the same in the Peugeot/Citroen and BMW Mini so the 156 THP 175 THP are the same as the BMW Mini Cooper S (175hp) albeit with different turbo compressor housing outlet orientation position, as for the RCZ 200 the engine is still the same, however I should imagine (still to be confirmed) the turbo on the RCZ 200 would be the same as the one found on the BMW Mini JCW (210hp) as this differs to the one on the 156THP, 175THP and the BMW Mini Cooper S (175hp), also the Exhaust manifold is slightly larger in the internal dimensions on the one found on the BMW Mini JCW (210hp) model VS the one found on the 156THP,175THP and BMW Mini Cooper S (175hp).

So any engine performance parts offered for the BMW Mini will be compatible with the RCZ.

A

Anonymous

The mini lads seem to swear by exhaust/filter remap philosophy so I'd gonthat route forgive most affordable ponies. Under £1k could bring a 156 on par with a 200 but will sound great!