What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

USB Port

A

Anonymous

Ok, maybe a real dumb question but here goes......

I pick my RCZ up tomorrow and was wondering if I can just dump my itunes from the home PC on to a memory stick and just plug it into the USB port?

will it then operate through the radio or do I need to plug my iphone in to the USB? Reason for asking is I am concerned about my iphone rolling around in the cubbyhole that the USB port is in?

Any help will be appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Balias said:
Reason for asking is I am concerned about my iphone rolling around in the cubbyhole that the USB port is in?

Any help will be appreciated.

i don't think you need to worry about it 'rolling around'! I have the ipod classic, which wouldn't be too far off the size of the iphone and it fits quite nicely in there - along with my work ID badge/lanyard and a big box of tictacs :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

You can, however, do what you wanted to do, and put files onto a stick and plug it in. Foramt stick in FAT32 and only put MP3 files on and dont use a stick that is massive.
OR .. Do as I do and bluetooth them from your phone.

A

Anonymous

Not sure where the tread is but this is covered somewhere. You can 'only' use USB sticks up to 8GB anything above seems to sometimes casue problems. I have several now and they are really convenient to use and update. 8GB hold loads of songs/albums.

A

Anonymous

Thanks all

The dealer actually paired my iphone to the car so no need for any cables.

A

Anonymous

I have 16GB USB sticks and no problem at all.The only conditions it's must be formatted in FAT32.
And remember all information about USB and all other things still in your car's User manual ;)

A

Anonymous

So as I pick my RCZ up tomorrow I am getting my USB stick ready tonight. Can I just get a 8gig FAT32 formatted USB stick and load each album straight to the stick and it will lay fine in the car? Or do I need a folder called Music or something then all the albums in there or do they have to be lose files?