What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

USB Music

A

Anonymous

I have got a 16Gb USB stick with all of my music on, but, are there any limitations as to the file and folder structure that the software can't read ?

A

Anonymous

The answer is, NO!

Just put all your music in folders (mine are sorted in artist folders) and away you go,
I have about 9Gb worth of stuff up till now, that's 7 days music non stop. :cool:
there's no delay at all loading or playing tracks. You can also sort music by genre, rock pop folk etc,
It has stopped playing a few times when going over a bad pot hole, but it soon sorts itself out again. :D

A

Anonymous

Yes, it gives you the usual information like Folder name, Track name or you can search via artist name.

A

Anonymous

Well, I havn't done it yet, but the hand book says that the ipod is supported and that the wheel controls will work.

I will give it a go tomorrow,. . . . . . .I am a slave to my people. . . . . :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Thanks that would be great. Its great that it can be controlled by the wheel controls too. Don't have that on my current car.

You are our guinea pig - sorry for all the questions.

A

Anonymous

I will give it a go tomorrow,. . . . . . .I am a slave to my people. . . . . :lol:[/quote]

:lol:

We all owe you a drnk gtomo, you know soooo much more than my local dealer :lol:

A

Anonymous

So, . . . . . I just pluged my ipod nano into the USB slot using the ipod connecting lead (y'know, the white one)
and to my supprise there appeard a picture of an ipod in the center display (old school ipod classic) :cool:

I thought, this is a good start, then it just startred playing ! :D

All the controls on the wheel work, next track, next folder, volume etc

Oh, and it charges as well. :ugeek:

pughy3,
I could set up a paypal button for any interested sponsers, :lol:
I mean all of this riggerous (is that how you spell riggerous) testing should'nt go unrewarded ;)

RCZ1

Reaction score
That's great news - life is going to be so much easier now. I won't have to use my FM transmitter to play the ipod in the car now - and have much better sound quality.

You're right - all your hard work should not go un-rewarded. Its really is much appreciated.
Thanks again. :D

VASS

Reaction score
USB packed up on Day 1
(Radio and phone recognised, also the jack plug, but the option for USB on the display was skipped when 'Sourse' was pressed
had to "reboot" the car to get it working again, hope this is not the sign of things to come....