What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

USB Memory Stick

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know what the memory and file limitations of the USB reader on the RCZ are?

All electronic devices with USB inputs impose limitations on the maximum size of the memory they can address (i.e. 4GB, 8GB, 16GB etc). On top of that most audio systems with USB inputs have limits on the number of files (MP3s) they can read from the memory stick and how many folders they can drill down through to locate these files.

I read somewhere that the RCZ can only read 1000 MP3 files but I don't know if this is true or is even current on the latest models. 1000 files would equate to around 4 GB (given 3-4 MBs per MP3).

The reason I ask is that I'm considering putting all my music on a USB stick and leaving it permanently plugged into the car. I have way more than 4 GB of music so I'm wondering if I can put them all on a 16GB or 32GB memory stick or do I need to break them up over a number of smaller 4 GB memory sticks.

I'm still waiting for my RCZ to be delivered so I cant test this myself.

Cheers

RCZooM.

A

Anonymous

Ive got an 8Gb stick and it works fine. Also It reads the folders (artist) and tracks under them.

Still cant get the DVD player to work though ? neither my IPOD.

A

Anonymous

Same here connected iPod, 8 and 16GB USB sticks and all worked no problem so far ! Another way is to stream audio via Bluetooth - saves using cables :)
Got a 32GB stick will try it and see what happens

Steph

A

Anonymous

The limit seems to be at 10000 files. I used a 120 GB IPod and after I while I get the message that no more files can be imported. But within the 10000 files all works fine. By the way for me it makes no sense to use very big mediums (> 4GB) because I loose the overview. At the moment I use 4 SD cards at 4GB, and every card has another genre of music. Best solution for me.

Gregor

A

Anonymous

Thanks everyone for all your tips. I too considered using several smaller USB sticks and loading different genres onto them. It looks like it might be the way to go.

Thanks again.