What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Upgrading NG4 system?

Kirethidae

Reaction score
Hello,

I have just purchased a 2010 GT200 with the NG4 stereo and sat nav head unit. However I have seemed to overlook the simplicity of connecting and using devices to play music with it. I assumed I would be able to connect my Pixel 2 via Bluetooth and use Spotify to play music but after realising before I bought it that I couldn't, I didn't even think twice that I wouldn't be able to play anything off my phone via USB either. I can only use my old ipod, and even then it is ridiculously clunky with everything sorting into odd folders and having no easy way to search and play music or use playlists on the ipod.

I was wondering what options I have with this? The rest of the RCZ is fantastic and this is the only niggling thing for me. Looking around it doesn't seem there are any options to remedy this, and so I'm thinking the only solution is to replace the NG4 with an aftermarket stereo and presumably lose tons of functionality including the sat nav headset becoming a useless hunk of plastic on top of my dash?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Plecodoras

Reaction score
If you have the NG4 head unit, as far as I remember you can play from an iPod via USB as you have said, but it doesn't allow that much freedom with how it plays etc.
BUT and here is the but, you do have almost 12gigabytes of internal storage, to store your music on and it plays various formats. This is a huge amount of space, and you can sort into whatever folders you wish.
I was cheesed of when I got the MK2 because they dropped this feature and you have to connect your own music from external with no internal storage. And that was a backwards move in my opinion.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Kirethidae

Reaction score
That might be a thing to do but at the moment doesn't really suit me at all considering I don't actually have barely any music downloaded anymore and generally just use Spotify and listen to new, different music all the time.

Rob8781

Reaction score
Aux cable to the port in the glove box.

I plug my phone in and play Deezer no issues.