What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Updating our Sat navs

A

Anonymous

A word of advice to anyone thinking of updating their mapping. I received my 2011/12 update and as the wife was due in a little later than me, I thought that I would install the updated version. Well she arrived home, cooked the evening meal, we ate it and my car engine was still running whilst the updating was in progress.
It took approximately 90minutes!!!! I can't be precise as time didn't seem to matter at the time of starting the process. Leaving the engine running for the whole duration of the updating may well present an issue to some people, hence mentioning it here. I was totally unprepared for such a marathon session. Fortunately I live on a tiny hamlet in the middle of nowhere and so the risk of my car being driven off was limited, but for others this may well be something to bare in mind, prior to starting the update.
Incidentally the update came in two parts plus a third one for the "risk areas" that I also purchased. Cost of new version £169 not sure how competitive this is but my dealer suggested that it would be in the region of £250 from them.

A

Anonymous

I did my update via USB and it was much quicker. I remember it taking around 30-40 mins max. I subscribe to SCDB http://www.scdb.info for my speed camera updates for 9.95 Euros per year.

A

Anonymous

jc73uk said:
I did my update via USB and it was much quicker. I remember it taking around 30-40 mins max. I subscribe to SCDB http://www.scdb.info for my speed camera updates for 9.95 Euros per year.
How long did it take to transfer the content of the disc onto the USB?

A

Anonymous

I did it by USB and it was a lot quicker, but it still involved me standing out in the wet with the engine running. Incidently, there's obviously something clever with the electronics, but I could not lock the car using the spare key with the other one in the ignition.

Not sure how long it would take to copy from DVD to USB, but probably around 10 mins per DVD, though of course you could do this from the comfort of the PC.