What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Updating maps

jg43210

Reaction score
All,

I am now in possession of a shiny pair of DVDs from Peugeot Navigation for the 2012/13 map update. Only thing is, how long is the upgrade likely to take? Loathe to sit there with the engine running for ages while it reads what looks like around 12 GB of data - and difficult to do when driving as I need the Sat Nav!

Any guidance gratefully received!

J.

Pearl RCZ 200 THP

A

Anonymous

It takes a couple of hours to upload all three discs and yes you do need to have your engine running throughout the entire process :thumbdown: Your fuel consumption will be somewhat effected by this operation.

A

Anonymous

jg43210 said:
All,

I am now in possession of a shiny pair of DVDs from Peugeot Navigation for the 2012/13 map update. Only thing is, how long is the upgrade likely to take? Loathe to sit there with the engine running for ages while it reads what looks like around 12 GB of data - and difficult to do when driving as I need the Sat Nav!

Any guidance gratefully received!

J.

Pearl RCZ 200 THP

Jg,
Couple of questions,
How do you go about purchasing these updates, where from, how much and do they include speed camera locations.
Oh and are they for the NG4 media system.
:beer:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Couple of questions,
How do you go about purchasing these updates, where from, how much and do they include speed camera locations.
Oh and are they for the NG4 media system.
:beer:
http://www.navigation.com/RCZ_2011_NG4/ ... en_GB/GBP/ I hope that this link works. It is for Navteq who make and supply the mapping. However I would hold off purchasing for a while as I believe 2013/14 can't be far off being released. It comes with three cd discs two are mapping and the third is for the European wide (except France) speed cameras. You can opt to pay for the service were they send you monthly updates of the camera locations on file for you to download onto a memory stick/card and then upload into your car. This is so easy to do even I can do it

A

Anonymous

Dear all,

I have update the maps this morning by utilizing a single SDHC card, the same 32 GB Class 10 Trascend SDHC I'm utilizing with my Canon camera. Took just about 35 minutes, while I was enjoing some of the hills here around with the new savage black lion :D.

To do so you do need to update the NG4 to new firmware V42, It takes other 30 min yesterday and I did it by putting all the files within the usual 4GB MP3 SD card I do use for my music.

To resume all the saff, you do have to put all the files of the two DVD into one folder in your PD, don't mind if it asks to overwrite the config.nfm file in the root directory, is the same for both the disks (you can check it by opening with notepad). Doing the mergind, you'll have all the update folders within the pkgdb folder.

Now you do have to delete the two old .pkg config files, each one referring to the only content of the previous disk and claiming to be the only related to the disk, by replacing with the one attached to this message. Open them with notepad to chek how I've merged the folder lists and edited the media info in order to say the NG4 that there's only one media to take infos from ;).

Then, as last step, transfer all the material to the root of a fast SDHC card of at least 16 GB previously formatted in FAT32.

Remember to use fast cards, class 6 or more (Class 6: 6mb/sec min, class 10= 10mb/sec min), else update will take a lot of time more.

I do suggest to utilize another SD card or just the original CD to update the radar alert, since when the card with the mep is inserted map updating oerride all the other options.

Ciao and enjoy !

;-)

Gyxx

Attachments

• PSA_ECE_Q4_2011_PKG_EU_8.0.2_1_8.0.2.zip
    690 bytes · Views: 60