What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Unsightly rear brake drums

Reaction score
Anyone else got unsightly rusty rear brake drums ?

Really starting to annoy me now when I spent a full weekend detailing and these things glare at me between the wheel spokes.

Anybody painted them and got pics ?

Spray or brush the way to go and what paint works best ?

Not sure whether black or silver would look best.

Bigleigh

Reaction score
Yes mate it's a common problem, l did my hubs this summer with Hammerite smooth silver and my brakes with Folitec silver caliper lacquer. Both brush on really easy and it makes my car look a lot smarter. Do it you won't regret it. :thumbup:

Reaction score
Bigleigh said:
Yes mate it's a common problem, l did my hubs this summer with Hammerite smooth silver and my brakes with Folitec silver caliper lacquer. Both brush on really easy and it makes my car look a lot smarter. Do it you won't regret it. :thumbup:

Perfect thanks.

Sunday job then .

:thumbup:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Go careful with the jacking up & the locking nuts. Both have recurring issues on here.

And it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway, let's see the results :thumbup:

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
Go careful with the jacking up & the locking nuts. Both have recurring issues on here.

And it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway, let's see the results :thumbup:

Will do. Already asked in another thread about the jacking up. I have a trolley jack and a spacer/adaptor (home made) so hopefully be ok.

Thanks for reminder though as a bit nervous about jacking.

(That sounds a bit wrong :D )

A

Anonymous

Yep mine are the same, all rusty as hell, I plan to paint either black to match the calipers or silver
I have brilliant back calipers {as described in the literature when car was purchased) and really wish they were not so I could paint them a brighter colour.

A

Anonymous

Mine are all painted. Pictures to follow once ive down sized them.

Stu8

Reaction score
A job all rcz owner's should do makes a world of difference to the look of the wheels and makes a already gorgeous car even more gorgeous , perfection !

Sent from my B3-A10 using Tapatalk

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Another option if your discs are due for replacement are the coated offerings from Mtec and black diamond brakes both companies offer discs with an anti corrosion coating for few quid extra colours are black, silver and gold I have the black diamond with the black coating on the front and the Mtec in black on the back. Both sets are an upgrade (groved and drilled) so well worth a little extra cost over standard replacements.

Stu8

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Another option if your discs are due for replacement are the coated offerings from Mtec and black diamond brakes both companies offer discs with an anti corrosion coating for few quid extra colours are black, silver and gold I have the black diamond with the black coating on the front and the Mtec in black on the back. Both sets are an upgrade (groved and drilled) so well worth a little extra cost over standard replacements.
Any chance of some pics, just looked on mtec website and I can see another wallet beating happening maybe :crazy:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Stu8, will do but I'm out of the country at the mo but when I get back I'll post some photos :thumbup:

Stu8

Reaction score
Thanks Neil looking forward to seeing them :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Did mine over the course of one day. Got sunstroke doing it too

Attachments

• Cal1.jpg
    Cal1.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 7,842
  • cal2.jpg
    cal2.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 7,842
  • cal3.jpg
    cal3.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 7,842
  • calib4.jpg
    calib4.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 7,842
  • caliaft.jpg
    caliaft.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 7,841
A

Anonymous

neilgsxr69 said:

Look wicked too Neil may get myself a set in a few months

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice work Tony they look great :thumbup: did you take the rear dust guards off or just paint what you could get to? I'm not sure how they do come off? Mine need sorting out I've thought about getting them powder coated :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

neilgsxr69 said:
Nice work Tony they look great :thumbup: did you take the rear dust guards off or just paint what you could get to? I'm not sure how they do come off? Mine need sorting out I've thought about getting them powder coated :eusa-think:

Hey up Chilled out Neil :beer:

I painted what i could get to . The fronts I couldn't do much just ensured the top lip and an inch behind was done. But the rears as the discs are smaller I got all of the rear of the guard to where it connect to the axle. As best as i could see.

I gave them 3 coats but still noticed there are a few areas that have been missed. I may take the wheels off and re do them and this time paint the calipers blue as the black is fading and they let the rest of the car down

2retro

Reaction score
Just don't get carried away when you start painting like this guy, OK! :shock:

Attachments

• nope.jpg
    nope.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 7,793
  • nah.jpg
    nah.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 7,793