What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Unknown intermittent engine fault.

Gordonmd

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have an odd fault.
Driving home from work the "engine fault repair needed" message came up with the little " ! " on the small screen and what I guess is limp mode- engine runs fine but seems to be no turbo boost. Poor acceleration.
My obd shows no fault codes.
Any ideas please reply.
Thanks.

After checking with torque, I cleared the non existent fault codes. Fault light still on. Drove for a few km and the light went off. I expect it will come back.
While it was on in limp mode the engine ran fine but no power. So no actual symptoms of a fault.

Went for a 30km drive with no more problems.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I once had a similar issue but no limp mode and the warning went off and hasn’t come back that was over 3 years ago so hopefully it was just a glitch fingers crossed :eusa-think:

Gordonmd

Reaction score
Thanks neilgsxr69. Fingers crossed is not very reliable. :?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Gordonmd said:
Thanks neilgsxr69. Fingers crossed is not very reliable. :?

What you will find searching through the forum is many cases of the engine management fault being thrown up on the dash many have never solved why, if there is something going down on your car then it will eventually throw up a fault code but until then there’s not much you can do. :beer: