What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Under Bonnet Insulation/ Sound Proofing

Hamster46

Reaction score
So guys I went to get my car Mot,d last night. It’s was raining heavily and when I arrived at the test station I noticed what I thought was smoke coming from below the bonnet so I lifted the bonnet and there was nothing. After a bit of head scratching I realised it was the underside of the bonnet which was hot reacting to the rain on the outside of the bonnet. It seems my insulation is missing and I would like to get one if there are any out there as I don’t want to damage the paint. Has anyone on here got a spare or an idea of where to get one? Many thanks 🙏👍

NF7

Reaction score
So guys I went to get my car Mot,d last night. It’s was raining heavily and when I arrived at the test station I noticed what I thought was smoke coming from below the bonnet so I lifted the bonnet and there was nothing. After a bit of head scratching I realised it was the underside of the bonnet which was hot reacting to the rain on the outside of the bonnet. It seems my insulation is missing and I would like to get one if there are any out there as I don’t want to damage the paint. Has anyone on here got a spare or an idea of where to get one? Many thanks 🙏👍
If you have a THP, I would not recommend any insulation as the engine runs very hot and it might went above regular operating temperatures. The same reason why the THPs do not have any underbody plastic beneath the engine.

Hamster46

Reaction score
AH I see. It did freak me out a bit when I saw the steam from the bonnet. Yes mine is the THP200 so is this normal and has anyone else experienced this? I was in a rush to the mot centra tbh. Thanks

NF7

Reaction score
AH I see. It did freak me out a bit when I saw the steam from the bonnet. Yes mine is the THP200 so is this normal and has anyone else experienced this? I was in a rush to the mot centra tbh. Thanks
Yes. I have a 200THP and I’ve seen this when washing the car and then driving it. Some water makes its way to the engine and then vaporizes due to high temperatures.