What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

U1213 fault

Larryb

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I’m a newbie with a asphalt which I have owned since new and low mileage
I have an ABS / ESP fault light. Took it to the main dealer. They put on their diagnostic m/c and it came up as a U1213 fault
They say I need a abs/ecu module and that cost is over £1500!
Has anyone else had a similar issue or is it possible it could be anything else

chrismac

Reaction score
Dont automatically assume the Main dealer is right. I had a long dispute with a Main Dealer in Cardiff (no longer trading thank God) who told me I needed a new ECU. As it happens I only needed a fault code clearing.

I used this company to check the ECU...

Automotive ECU Testing - ECU Repair and Exchange

They were quick and certainly cheaper than Peugeot.

Larryb

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply
I don’t trust my dealer either
Just spoke to ECU testing
They were very helpful but could not identify the part no given to me by Peugeot
They suggested I get it off the module itself
I’m not sure where it’s located.
What they did say which is interesting is that the U1213 fault may not be the unit itself but external issue

Pedro

Reaction score
Goatz & others have had the same trouble I think he replaced the sensor which is usually the culprit perhaps search for his/their posts

HishamAlam

Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue. The fault code is U1213, which is basically causing an error to pop up for the auto brake system.

The code says something about a communication fault between ABS/ESP ECU and Electric Power Steering. Confused because the car is pretty new (2019) so I don't understand what could have gone wrong (unless somehow the crash the car was in caused it - which also doesn't make sense because it was only medium cosmetic damage)

Can someone let me know where I can find those posts with a solution please?

Pedro

Reaction score
Canbus ABS issues (Software communication errors with the ECU) Poor grounding can cause problems another one to watch for are the wheel speed sensors & this code is also triggered for electric handbrake which the Z does not have so rule that one out

Larryb

Reaction score
Yes I had same issues
Two speed sensors at the same time
Lost abs, cruise control and hill assist
And just recently another one on the rear failed lost abs/esp

Larryb

Reaction score
Forgot to add
I fitted the sensor myself after reading on the forum that the brake disc doesn’t have to be removed contrary to what I was told by the garage. The only downside after buying a low profile trolley jack and axle stands the jacking point bent. As others have stated they are such a poor design! Can they be strengthened at all?
I would like to change the rusty discs and pads on the rear for pagid coated ones but the jacking issue is putting me off.
The garage wants £300 to replace the rear
And £500 to change the front.