What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tyre sensor warning... but tyre looks ok???

alimozcan

Reaction score
Hi, I received a tyre sensor warning on the dashboard telling me that the left hand tyre is underinflated. However, all of the tyres seem ok visually but just to be sure, I went to the petrol station and checked the pressure on all of the tyres and all four were at about 29psi. Does this mean that my left hand tyre is running on flat and that I have a puncture that needs to be repaired? If so, can any garage such as Kwik-Fit do it or do I need to take it to Peugeot so that they re-calibrate it afterwards?

The wheels are 19'' solstice onyx black. I have had the car for about 18 months and done about 11,000 miles and haven't previously touched/inflated the tyres.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

A

Anonymous

You've got your Front Tyres too low.

Should be:

Front: 2.4 Bar
Rear: 2.0 Bar

This converts to:
Front 35 PSI
Rear 29 PSI

It's on the PASSENGER Door on the upright sill.

:thumbup:

alimozcan

Reaction score
Yes yes, I know I should have checked them within 18 months! :oops:

I'll look to pump up the two front ones tomorrow to 35psi to see if the message goes away but I have a quick follow up question. If I am getting the dashboard message because the front tyres are currently both at 29 psi, shouldn't I be getting the dashboard message for both tyres rather than the message that I am getting is for the left one only?

I'll inflate to 35psi and hopefully that should be all sorted but how would I know if I actually had a punctured tyre which needs fixing permanently rather than inflating the tyre to 35 psi? Is the answer that it would just deflate again over a few days so I would know that it is a puncture?

A

Anonymous

The easiest and quickest way to establish if your tyre is punctured or not, is to pay a visit to a reputable tyre company. They can determine if the tyre has a slow puncture or not. Choose a reputable one though, one that you can trust not the sort of cowboys that would sell your granny birth control pills. You know the firm that I mean and if you don't reread your own post.

alimozcan

Reaction score
Haha, yes I know who you mean. Thanks for suggestion. I'll get it checked out this week.