What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tyre rotation

A

Anonymous

There doesn't seem to be any recommendation on tyre rotation in the manual, was just wondering if there is any recommendation for the RCZ for the tyre rotation interval and rotation pattern (front to back vs cross pattern) ?

A

Anonymous

That's in general - wondering if anyone has anything specific to the Peugeot setup - I'm guessing the 308 and 308cc should be closely related to this.

My Nissan manual recommends the front to rear pattern with no crossing from rears to front every 10,000km. Not sure with the setup of the RCZ whether crossing the rears when swapping to the front would make any difference.

Additionally, since fronts on the RCZ would wear faster, current tests show that the better tyres should always be at the rear for best traction performance, so I'm thinking 3000miles/5000km for rotation would be a good rotation point considering how hard the RCZ tends to be driven.

A

Anonymous

Anybody has any suggestion on the RCZ tyre rotation? I just noticed that my front tyres wear out quite a bit of amount at edges after just 5000km drive, while the rear tyres still looks like new.

A

Anonymous

As the fronts will wear quicker than the rears, is it sensible to swap front to back ? Instead of having to buy 2 new tyres,for the front, you will end up having to buy 4 new tyres all round when the time comes. Expensive bill in one go!

A

Anonymous

Rotate FREQUENTLY to equal wear, but best should be on back!!!

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
If the front ones are worn down, I buy 2 new ones, the rears I move to the front and place the new ones in the rear. That's in my humble opinion the way to maximize tirelife.

Now 35 000km and the front ones are gone, if I place the rears to the front and do 25 000 km till they worn out, they have 60 000km in total. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I just replaced my front tyres. I asked the dealer to swap them round, but they forgot. I suppose as the rears were down to 7mm it doesn't have much impact this time round. But it would be nice to ensure older tyres are replaced before newer tyres. Dealer has offered to swap them round next time I pop in. Just finding that next time is not as easy as I thought!

A

Anonymous

My fronts were getting low and the backs were fine at about 22k, but didn't have £500 spare that montj, so I had them swapped round to prolong things.
Then I had 2 new tyres fitted on the back. ( which were the old front ones)