What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tyre pump missing ?

turboguy

Reaction score
1612656239039.png

Is this a one use item? Just looked under the boot mat and noticed that the car doesn't have one of these. Someone has put a can of Tyreweld in its place. Tempted just to buy a spare wheel as puncture kits dont work. Especially when the tyre flies off the wheel like it did on my last car šŸ¤£ . Also I kept the tyre pump from my last car as its an awesome pump.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The can of ā€œgunkā€ thatā€™s inside is a one use item, but can be replaced. The machine is a tyre pump which works really well. You should have one of those. Mine was going to fail itā€™s last MOT apparently according to the dealer as the can of gunk had gone past itā€™s use by date, so I had to buy a replacement from them at an extortionate price to get it through. Iā€™m sure I could have gone to Halfrauds & got it half the price, but it was just easier to say do it on the phone.

thornebt

Reaction score
The can of ā€œgunkā€ thatā€™s inside is a one use item, but can be replaced. The machine is a tyre pump which works really well. You should have one of those. Mine was going to fail itā€™s last MOT apparently according to the dealer as the can of gunk had gone past itā€™s use by date, so I had to buy a replacement from them at an extortionate price to get it through. Iā€™m sure I could have gone to Halfrauds & got it half the price, but it was just easier to say do it on the phone.
I wonder if your car would have passed the MOT if the pump unit had been removed from the car beforehand. It's probably a case that if it is there and 'faulty' then it's a failure. But I don't think you have to have any spare wheel, pump, or sealant. Cheers. Bruce.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes that is correct orange machine it's a pump and switch over to punchure repair foam.
I have put a spare wheel in the tyre well 19"Alloys fit but do stand proud so I have put two layers of carpet underlay in the boot area boot mat fits down OK with no problems..
Drive safe and stay lucky šŸ€
Les n Co

Pedro

Reaction score
Carry a spare its peace of mind mines sitting on the floor of the boot due to the tyre size it wont fit in the well :(

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Pedro the tyre well fits a 18"and 19"wheels with the tyre inflated don't know why they didn't put o one in when they made the cars. Wonder if it's down to cost saving...

DKZ5745

Reaction score
My Ā£50k+ Range Rover didnā€™t come with one. It was a Ā£170 optional extra šŸ˜± & thatā€™s just a space saver wheel & tyre.

Dingers

Reaction score
Carry a spare its peace of mind mines sitting on the floor of the boot due to the tyre size it wont fit in the well :(
Ditto ! But I can still get a week's shopping alongside it, so not a big problem.

2retro

Reaction score
Mine was going to fail itā€™s last MOT apparently according to the dealer as the can of gunk had gone past itā€™s use by date, so I had to buy a replacement from them at an extortionate price to get it through.
That MOT tester sounds like a right jobsworth. Must be a laugh at parties! :rolleyes:

That would be the last time I ever used them!

Pedro

Reaction score
What happened to the law about carrying a spare wheel on UK motorways not sure about EU laws but these shaving foam kits are cheapskate utter S***e car makers are all penny pinching robber barons

turboguy

Reaction score
is it worth buying the pump? Seen one on ebay but asked the seller about the sealant and it has already expired since 2018. Item is Ā£25. Since I already have a pump and a can of tyre weld.

Dingers

Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't bother if you have both those items ...