What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tyre Pressures

A

Anonymous

My car is a RCZ Automatic and has 19" wheels but there is no sticker on the car at all to tell me the tyre pressures. The dealer has ordered so he says a sticker from Peugeot but still waiting for it.
So can anyone tell me the correct tyre pressures for my car. Have been told it is 2.4 BAR 34 PSI on the front and 2.0 BAR 28 PSI on the rear is this correct. Thanks in anticipation :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

does it not tell you this in the rcz handbook manual :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score
No it doesn't, I looked for bottlecollector. It tells you to refer to the sticker on the inside of the passenger door.

A

Anonymous

bottlecollector said:
My car is a RCZ Automatic and has 19" wheels but there is no sticker on the car at all to tell me the tyre pressures. The dealer has ordered so he says a sticker from Peugeot but still waiting for it.
So can anyone tell me the correct tyre pressures for my car. Have been told it is 2.4 BAR 34 PSI on the front and 2.0 BAR 28 PSI on the rear is this correct. Thanks in anticipation :thumbup:

yes its correct 2.4 front/2.0 rear

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for confirming that for me. Still waiting for the sticker, probably be end up being quicker to photograph one on someones car and make my own. Thanks againJassyo06

A

Anonymous

Trouble is I can't convert 2.4 & 2.0 Bar into PSI which is what the petrol station pumps use

RCZ1

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
Trouble is I can't convert 2.4 & 2.0 Bar into PSI which is what the petrol station pumps use

Don't you use the tyre pressure / tyre gung thing watsit (sorry can't remember its correct name) that's in the boot?

A

Anonymous

Don't be daft. That is too easy. So why didn't I think of that?

A

Anonymous

2.4 Bar = 34.8psi 2.0 Bar = 29psi Hope this helps. Check pressures when tyres are cold. :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

jrs said:
2.4 Bar = 34.8psi 2.0 Bar = 29psi Hope this helps. Check pressures when tyres are cold. :greetings-wavingblue:

Thank you, yes it does :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:

There's a Button on the front of the Air Machine that you press for BAR.

The Air Machine is usually set for PSI as that's what most people use.
Press the PSI / BAR Button and it changes to BAR.
(Some Machines make you hold the Button while you select the BAR Pressure)

Chunk your 20p or 50p in and you're off :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Would you EVER trust a petrol station forecourt tyre pressure gauge ?

Paul141

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
OO58RON said:

There's a Button on the front of the Air Machine that you press for BAR.

The Air Machine is usually set for PSI as that's what most people use.
Press the PSI / BAR Button and it changes to BAR.
(Some Machines make you hold the Button while you select the BAR Pressure)

Chunk your 20p or 50p in and you're off :thumbup:
Well something else that I've earned from this forum :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

paul141 said:
Would you EVER trust a petrol station forecourt tyre pressure gauge ?

Yes :thumbup:

More than I would a hand held / personal device that NEVER gets re-calibrated.

The Garage Air Machines will be re-calibrated on a regular basis.

It's usually the Muppets that use them and leave them lying around on the floor - or let them "rocket" back into the machine so that the handle mechanism breaks that cause the issues.

Don't Forget: Check your Tyre Pressures regularly (at least once a month) for optimum driving :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I use nitrogen in mine. Have done from new and for the last few years. My visit to the forecourt machine was a result of my punctures and the onboard computer still showing a deflated tyre. So wanted to double check. Ended up deflating them all as I set it for 2.4 & 2.0 PSI and not Bar. Trip back to my tyre centre to have them deflated fully and refilled with gas.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
I use nitrogen in mine.

Wow....never heard of Nitrogen in the Tyres before.
Where would you get that done ??
Off to do a search on the Internet.

OO58RON said:
Ended up deflating them all as I set it for 2.4 & 2.0 PSI and not Bar.
Trip back to my tyre centre to have them deflated fully and refilled with gas.

Oops..... :lol:
Glad you're all sorted :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Without checking my invoices and allowing for my appalling memory, I will state that I use a company called North Eastern Tyres. Nitrogen is very good as it does not heat up as much as air and because the particles are larger than air, you almost eradicate leakage. So tyres remain at correct shape and pressure. Allowing for a longer life, due to better/correct wear. Cost is £10 for the four tyres with free checking/top up.

A

Anonymous

Must ask in the Asda petrol station near me to see the calibration cert for the 20p a go "ding ding" air pump they got. ISO 9001 :eusa-whistle: :lol:
DO like the Nitrogen idea, am on the surf for that local to me :dance:

Paul141 :beer: