What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tyre Life

Hatman

Reaction score
Has anybody replaced their front tyres yet? If so can you let me know mileage + which model/engine.

Should have some stats for you next week.

A

Anonymous

changing my 18" fronts next week they have done 20,000 aprox- rear ones should bee ok for another 5,000 i recon.
changing to bridgestone, they may have more winter grip.

Hatman

Reaction score
bee said:
changing my 18" fronts next week they have done 20,000 aprox- rear ones should bee ok for another 5,000 i recon.

I don't know if you are aware but, because of their construction, Bridgestone tyres are the same as 'run flats', they are unable to be repaired if punctured? Something that should be considered before replacement. I hope this is helpful.

A

Anonymous

Changed the fronts at 20,000 but the rear are fine and at 28,500 now

A

Anonymous

Hatman said:
bee said:

I don't know if you are aware but, because of their construction, Bridgestone tyres are the same as 'run flats', they are unable to be repaired if punctured? Something that should be considered before replacement. I hope this is helpful.

Hatman, not sure where you got this from but I am certain that you are wrong about the bridgestone and you can actually repair a runflat tyre as long as it has not been driven for more than 50 miles and over 50mph.

Hatman

Reaction score
ryanb said:
Hatman said:
bee said:

Hatman, not sure where you got this from but I am certain that you are wrong about the bridgestone and you can actually repair a runflat tyre as long as it has not been driven for more than 50 miles and over 50mph.

It was a reliable source yesterday, will double check on Monday and report back.

A

Anonymous

Bridgestone tyres can be repaired, had 2 repairs on my previous car.

A

Anonymous

oh thats good news then,set my heart on them -REO50A.

A

Anonymous

Done just over 20,000 mls. Still have 5mm on fronts (GT HDI)

Mainly motorway driving tho'

Hatman

Reaction score
Maf said:
Done just over 20,000 mls. Still have 5mm on fronts (GT HDI)

Mainly motorway driving tho'
:?: Think this is going to become a most & least topic somehow

Hatman

Reaction score
Had my fronts changed today 17,800 has anybody experienced wear on inside of tyres the same as pic. Had tracking checked & spot on!

A

Anonymous

I'll be replacing mine in about 1000 miles.... :thumbup:

After 15,000 miles :thumbdown: :oops:

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
I'll be replacing mine in about 1000 miles.... :thumbup:

After 15,000 miles :thumbdown: :oops:

naughty boy you have been hitting corners hard :cool: :lol:

A

Anonymous

had wear on inside but lasted 20,000 on front. retracked and needed doing. drives perfect now.

A

Anonymous

Changed fronts at 18K for Perrelli P Zeros backs still look fine.

misterx

Reaction score
Tyre life depends partly on what type of driver you are and the roads you drive on. This week I have replaced the last twoof my original tyres (from the front) and they had done 36,000 miles and were still (just) legal.

The rear two were changed at around 30,000 but only because one was badly punctured and I thought I may as well sort the issue with a pair of new ones.

A

Anonymous

Just don't let this happen!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355476259.593802.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355476259.593802.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 8,678
A

Anonymous

Scott barton said:
Just don't let this happen!

Attempting to go sideways around roundabouts will probably help extend the lifespan of your tyres...right Scott?! ;)

A

Anonymous

Those had done 37k
I'm a Gemini - I have a split driving style.

Davie

Reaction score
hI JUST CHANGED MY TYRES DONE 20,000 SINCE 2010.
tHESE ARE FROM NEW