What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Type Approval Number

ctaatgt

Reaction score
Hi there,

Hoping someone can help me with this roadblock. I am currently in the process of exporting my RCZ out of the EU and into New Zealand. The customs crowd in NZ are asking me for a "Type Approval", which seems to be a number granted to a car that meets a set of regulatory, technical and safety requirements.

In the EU, the Type Approval numbers are in the format "e2*2007/00*0000*00". I have managed to successfully obtain this number from my Peugeot dealer, but the crowd say they require it to also be located on the vehicle. Does anyone on the off chance know where it's located on the car itself?

Cheers,
C

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
I am not aware that the Type Approval number is actually ON the vehicle.

However, a formal document exists that ties your car to the Type Approval.
This document (I have experience on this) is used within the EU to register (without let or hindrance) a vehicle Type Approved in one EU country in any other EU country.
I would be very surprised if this does not satisfy the NZ authorities.

The document is called a "EuroCoC" European Certificate of Conformance.
Google "EuroCoC" and all will be revealed.

I suggest you go into a "major" Peugeot dealer and ask for the service or spares manager, and demand a EuroCoC for your car.
Don't be fobbed off; if he acts ignorant get him to phone Peugeot dealer support or whatever they are called within the franchise network.

You will eventually get a double sided A4 paper with all the details of your car including the Type Approval number and YOUR car's VIN.
The format and item numbering is international.
You can see examples on-line.
The price will be disgusting, but once you have it in your sweaty hand, you're away!
I think we paid over one hundred euros fourteen years ago to Ford Spain for one for our Mondeo.
There are independent sellers of the EuroCoC on the web but I am wary of such pedlars; best to go to the horse's mouth who made the car, and got it Type Approved.

Good luck! :thumbup:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I typed EuroCoC into google but my predictive text changed it to Euro Cock & I got a completely different website to the one I expected :shock:

2retro

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
I typed EuroCoC into google but my predictive text changed it to Euro Cock & I got a completely different website to the one I expected :shock:
You must type it a lot for it to auto-correct to it. Just saying... :eusa-whistle:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
:oops:

worse thing is I was on the OH’s laptop :eusa-think: :eek:

ctaatgt

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Sorry only replying now. I didn’t get any emails so presumed I wasn’t getting any replies and just checked the thread this minute on the off chance!

Thanks Stewart rom your advice. I actually landed in NZ today but will call Peugeot garage back in Ireland to organize that.

The car itself won’t be here for another 6 weeks. I’ll keep ye updated on shipping and import process in case anyone interested. I used AutoShippers in the UK.

Cheers,
C