What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Turbo won't build boost, can't figure out why

bramtf

Reaction score
Hi guys!

About a month and a half ago my 200thp RCZ threw a p0100 MAF sensor code out of no where. Suddenly it completely stopped building boost pressure.

I have an InfoCar OBD2 reader, which shows intake pressure as 13,2psi at idle, and 26psi at full boost. Completely wrong numbers but helps for context I guess.

Until the warning light comes on, which is about 5 minutes after it clears, the boost tops off at 16,2; so not full boost. As soon as the light comes on it won't go above 14, so the car is now basically NA.

Before this problem I could never hear any turbo noises, now they are very loud, which makes me think there's a leak or the wastegate is always open.

Over the last 5 weeks I/the mechanic have replaced the MAF sensor, the boost pressure sensor, and most recently a sensor somewhere way in the back of the engine bay, which the mechanic says controls airflow into the turbo (which doesn't make sense to me, but I'll send a pic of the part in a bit). The intake has been blasted with a fog machine, no leaks were found.

My mechanic is now trying to get in contact with a peugeot workshop, he is out of ideas what the problem could be.

The turbo is ok, no play at all, so that's probably (hopefully) not the problem.

Can any of you figure out what's going on? I'd be really greatful.

Thanks a lot guys!

EDIT: After a bit of research, I'm starting to think my diverter valve is broken, and is letting air vent to atmosphere, which is why I'm suddenly hearing intake noises that I don't think were ever there. Is this plausible?

Last edited: