What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Turbo Upgrade or supercharger?

Abzynthe

Reaction score
What about Meth?

I have not experience tuning the RCZ as I got as far as a panel filter when I had mine :lol:

But, a few people on the BMW forums as running methenol and getting some really decent gains. There is a guy local to me that upgraded his turbo(s) and fitted a meth kit, and it went from 320bhp up to nearly 500!
This is on a 6 pot, so gains wont be as high as that, and I definitely think that further internal work would need to be done to the engine components.

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/aem-ele ... em30-3300/

drdino

Reaction score
Pseud0nym said:
drdino said:
Pseud0nym said:
drdino said:
^It's a different engine. Anyway, the RCZ engine is already turbocharged, are you actually considering ditching the turbo and fitting a supercharger? If so, why?

I wouldn't be ditching the turbo, I would be supplementing it. You can have both a supercharged and turbocharged engine, its just a matter of fitting it all into the engine bay lol

It's much more involved than that, a few OEMs have tried it and ditched it afterwards as it's unnecessarily complex.

I would imagine but with the RCZ sharing a lot of components with other cars, most of which have some form of motorsport background that there maybe some options available
No harm in dreaming and anything is possible of you have enough £££, but there's not much point.

Pseud0nym

Reaction score
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:
Hi,
If you need any help with insurance at all for this type of conversion then please feel free to drop me a line.
Please not that the majority of our insurance schemes have no issues with nitros either and the premium loading are normally more affordable than you'd imagine.
Regards,
Dan.

That's a very kind offer and my insurance is due at the end of next month so i may take you up on that, don't suppose you do meerkats? lmao

Pseud0nym

Reaction score
No harm in dreaming and anything is possible of you have enough £££, but there's not much point.

I agree and im not looking to spend 10k or anything like that but I have bought this as a project/toy, There's a family in the works so I will be getting a 5 door soon (kinda like the new 308's).

I have had company cars for the last 10 years and although they have been decent cars, they weren't my cars so I never got to play with them other than switching out alloys, plus when I have had my use out of this for work I will probably end up keeping it as a weekend/track car hense my eventual goal of it looking like this...

Attachments

• RCZ 2 Online.jpg
    RCZ 2 Online.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 1,030

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
Remapping your engine Will give you easily over 230
Hybrid turbo and camshafts Will output near 300
If you want more than 300 you should Change your pistons rods etc and get a big turbo
Meth kits help in every stage
Supercharger? I would say Just no

Pseud0nym

Reaction score
ONLY AEK said:
If you want more than 300 you should Change your pistons rods etc and get a big turbo

Any recommendations on aftermarket turbochargers?

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Pseud0nym said:
ONLY AEK said:

Any recommendations on aftermarket turbochargers?

Have a conversation with these guys.
https://www.turbodynamics.co.uk/

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Have a read of this I made an enquiry for a kit for the RCZ

Thank you for your enquiry, we can certainly provide a system for your car.
There are two systems that we would advise:

1. Fully direct port 4-injector system @ £1040 Inc. Vat
2. Hybrid semi-direct port system @ £902 Inc. Vat

Due to the long upward nature of the intake manifold you are unable to safely use a single injector setup. The direct port eliminates this by injecting just before the head but adds cost to the base system. The hybrid kit is one we recommend as it removes the risk by putting 4 smaller fuel injectors at the head and a single nitrous injector further back. This system is cheaper yet does the same job, it also has the benefit of allowing the nitrous to cool down more of the incoming air.

Installation for either of these systems @ £635 Inc. Vat
Optional Larger Cylinder @ £117 Extra

Both systems are capable of delivering from 5-150Bhp extra. They come with 25Bhp start up jets, additional power settings are £20 per set. If installed we'd change to your desired power free of charge. Regarding maximum power you can take on your engine, as you have already tuned and the fact that is turbo'd which works better with nitrous you will not need too much to make a big impact and also you will need to be weary of engine limits. We'd advise capping at an extra 50Bhp however that could make more at the flywheel and will also delivery big torque through the whole rev range not just at top rpm.

If you have any questions feel free to ask,
Kind Regards,

David Langfield
Nitrous Technician

POWERHOUSE
Unit 7, Carr Wood Industrial Estate (Phase 1)
Carrwood Road, Sheepbridge
Chesterfield, S41 9QB, United Kingdom
0044 (0)1246 260665 – Option 3
www.powerhouse.uk

2retro

Reaction score
So basically it's £2K for an extra 50bhp then!? :crazy:

renegade79

Reaction score
So what’s your occupation then? I’m a nitrous technician :eusa-whistle:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Expensive game power hunting! :crazy:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Hmmm, £40 per bhp, so mine has £8000 worth already, I may have to leave it there I think :eusa-think:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I paid £1,700 for an extra 46 bhp on my BMW :wtf: Admittedly most of that cost was a new catback exhaust with valves so it can be a straight pipe :eusa-shhh: