What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Turbo turns off?

Paul Richardson

Reaction score
Hi,

Ok, have a reoccurring problem, have owned the car since Dec ‘20. In the early days of ownership the turbo would cut out infrequently, reset it with a diagnostic toll and all ok again. But recently the problem has become much more frequently, every 2/3 days. No warning light on dash. I’ve been told it can be one of three problems. Fuel pump? O2 Sensor? Turbo? The fuel pump was replaced in Jan 20 and the O2 sensor in March 20. I believe the O2 sensor is the one before the Cat ( green one? ). Maybe the previous owner had the problem....but I have no evidence of this.

So, have you any guidance to help me solve this,

Cheers,

Paul.

Pedro

Reaction score
ECU may be detecting too much boost pressure so shuts it down poss causes could be boost pressure sensor/wastegate actuator not functioning correctly
Take off the inlet hose & check if the vanes of the impeller are OK & turn freely another issue is low oil faults