What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

turbo delay to open and push....

A

Anonymous

Hello guys i have a peugeot rcz 2011 build i bought it today it's old stock but it was new... the problem i have is there is a lot turbo delay some times or the push from the engine is not good for 200 bhp. I drive another one a friend of mine and the difference is very high.... can somebody help me? I also realise that some times i s better and sometimes not...

A

Anonymous

Someone tell me to look the rubber hose from the wastegate untill the electrovalve..or the electrovalve is not working perfectly....

A

Anonymous

If it is new, it is still running in and adapting. Whats the mileage now?

A

Anonymous

If it's new I'd be straight back to the dealer with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I have no idea about the RCZ but some cars ECUs do limit the cars output until its reached a certain mileage.

A

Anonymous

Mine (200THP) was spot on from the very start, no limitation by the ecu

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

When my engine was stock, it only hit 200kmph, can't go more, till mod.. is that ecu restrictions??

Powered by Google Droid

Abzynthe

Reaction score
kazee said:
When my engine was stock, it only hit 200kmph, can't go more, till mod.. is that ecu restrictions??

Powered by Google Droid

Thats roughly the standard top speed reported by Peugeot. So I'd say yours was fine.

frankvdb

Reaction score
Abzynthe said:
kazee said:

Powered by Google Droid

Thats roughly the standard top speed reported by Peugeot. So I'd say yours was fine.

Not true!
The THP200 top speed is 235 km/h.
I even reached 230 (on the speedo) on Germany motorway with my standard HDi...

frankvdb

Reaction score
The RCZ-R actually is limited at 250 km/h.
Not sure whether anyone has succeeded in removing the limit (I expect that to be possible with that service software) and find out what the actual top speed is...

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Ive never taken mine over 145kph.
I just assume that cars dont do their reported top speed unless its perfect conditions. :?

frankvdb

Reaction score
Abzynthe said:
Ive never taken mine over 145kph.
I just assume that cars dont do their reported top speed unless its perfect conditions. :?

I can tell you that 200 km/h is piece of cake for any RCZ.
If a THP200 has trouble reaching that, there is definitely a problem and it needs to be checked by the dealer.

frankvdb

Reaction score
Oops so then your top speed is 215 km/h, but 200 still should be no problem.

Actually I see now you're from Malaysia.
Could it be you have similar laws like Japan with lower limits? For Japan it is 180 km/h.
I'm sure that the RCZ can be limited in this way (like the Z is to 250) otherwise they can't sell in such countries.

A

Anonymous

pete.garratt said:
MaX83 said:
If it is new, it is still running in and adapting. Whats the mileage now?

Sorry, can't agree. Adaptation is more about compensating for ageing, not 'running in'.

Please explain.

The ECU adapts to various factors before it will provide full power. Altitude, fuel, driver behaviour, temperature etc etc.

In conjunction with this, all the mechanical parts are still bedding, clutch, brakes, pistons etc etc. Ever wondered why a car with 10 000km on the clock feels so much more responsive to throttle inputs and even consumption.

Im nit going to debate the concept, if you think im talking nonsense, so be it.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
As I understand it, the adaptation you were initially referring to was about 'learning' the state of you specific engine and changing it to provide 'full' power - hope I've got that right.

Well, my understanding of adaptation is that it compensates more for the changes that occur over the life of the engine to keep it providing optimal performance for as long as possible. You kind of said the same thing yourself in your point about getting better response after 10 000km.

Now, of course, there are lots of other things - temperature, fuel quality, pressure, throttle demand - that the ECU is constantly using to adjust ignition timing and fuelling, so you might call that a form of 'adaptation'.

But, from your description, this doesn't sound like what you are talking about. You seem to be describing some more significant form of effect on performance. This doesn't sound like my understanding of 'adaptation', which - if working properly - I don't believe you should notice on a daily basis.

I give as an example my own experiences with my (now previous) GT THP200, which I had from new. The mpg achieved slowly improved over a few thousand miles but the performance didn't.

From your description, the issue sounds intermittent, which is why I find it hard to understand as 'adaptation', with the unspoken suggestion that it might improve and resolve itself over time.

You mention trying another vehicle that seemed better than yours. Where they the same engine, same age, same mileage?

Now I can't say for sure, but I'm wondering if something like an intermittent sensor fault or a vacuum leak, perhaps exacerbated by temperature or vibration, might be the true cause of your experiences.

Anyone else got any insights to help?

A

Anonymous

pete.garratt said:
As I understand it, the adaptation you were initially referring to was about 'learning' the state of you specific engine and changing it to provide 'full' power - hope I've got that right.

Well, my understanding of adaptation is that it compensates more for the changes that occur over the life of the engine to keep it providing optimal performance for as long as possible. You kind of said the same thing yourself in your point about getting better response after 10 000km.

Now, of course, there are lots of other things - temperature, fuel quality, pressure, throttle demand - that the ECU is constantly using to adjust ignition timing and fuelling, so you might call that a form of 'adaptation'.

But, from your description, this doesn't sound like what you are talking about. You seem to be describing some more significant form of effect on performance. This doesn't sound like my understanding of 'adaptation', which - if working properly - I don't believe you should notice on a daily basis.

I give as an example my own experiences with my (now previous) GT THP200, which I had from new. The mpg achieved slowly improved over a few thousand miles but the performance didn't.

From your description, the issue sounds intermittent, which is why I find it hard to understand as 'adaptation', with the unspoken suggestion that it might improve and resolve itself over time.

You mention trying another vehicle that seemed better than yours. Where they the same engine, same age, same mileage?

Now I can't say for sure, but I'm wondering if something like an intermittent sensor fault or a vacuum leak, perhaps exacerbated by temperature or vibration, might be the true cause of your experiences.

Anyone else got any insights to help?

I wondered about a loose hose?