What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

tuning box

dingley48

Reaction score
just had a tdi tuning box and peddle box fitted to my 156 now at 195 bhp so much quicker best money I have spent :eusa-whistle:

D

Deleted User

dingley48 said:
just had a tdi tuning box and peddle box fitted to my 156 now at 195 bhp so much quicker best money I have spent :eusa-whistle:

nearly 40bhp from a plug in box... impressive but worrying...

surely all they do is 'trick' the ECU of various sensor values to make it provide more power? happy to be corrected if it does something more than that...

and the pedal box - does this just improve how sensitive the throttle pedal is? i'd imagine the box gives 0-100% throttle signal but only use 0-65% of the actual pedal travel to achieve this?

really not wanting to start a 'remaps are better than boxes' argument, but am interested in these boxes as they do, as mentioned earlier, worry me!

cheers,

ian b

Plecodoras

Reaction score
dingley48 said:

Hi,

Have you had this on the dyno and got a print out or is this just what they are telling you to expect?

195 BHP should not give any issues as the engine of the 200 is basically the same, so reliability should be the same.

Knowing of one other who has had his 156 remapped and again indicates that his is somewhere near to the 200 mark, he swears by it. I guess the box just makes it easy to take on and off if the need or warranty dictates.

dingley48

Reaction score
the company I used is called tdi tuning in Chelmsford if you go there the fitting is free which I did as I am no mechanic the tuning box with Bluetooth was £350 the peddle box was £160 had the tuning box on first took them about ten minutes to fit they did not have the harness for the peddle box in store so had to be ordered in and sent out later which again took about ten minutes what a difference 7 settings on the tuning box 5 settings on the peddle box car felt fast enough before but now pulls like a train as for a remap this could not be done on mine as it would have had to be opened up and resoldered as it has in built anti tamper hopethis helps the guys at tdi are first class