What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

TT RS

A

Anonymous

ValleNorte said:
But dimensions wise the TT is quite a bit bigger than this Alfa I believe...it certainly looks it!

I can see I'm not going to change your mind but the Audi is (ONLY) 41mm longer!! However, I respect it's your money and it is only right that YOU buy the car that YOU love. :thumbup: (I just know which way I'd be leaning...especially as I tan EVERY TT off the lights :)) Anyway, where do you live?! The S5 in the UK is about £42,000 new and the TTS £37,700. Those mark ups seem astronomical!!! :(

A

Anonymous

My mind isnt made up yet apart from the fact the Alfa wont be my choice for 2 reasons...first I just dont like the look of it and 2nd, it isnt even around to buy!! Apart from that......! Joking apart, the RS5 and the TT RS are very expensive here. The mark up on classy cars is mad. I paid over £32,500 for my RCZ. I am really stuck on what to get so I guess I will just have to book test drives and find out that way. I am leaning towards a TT RS because I like "compact" cars (not small ones though! ;-) ) and I also like the £15,000 saving for similar performance. Only draw back is small seats in back for my growing 10yo boy. He groans when he has to sit in the RCZ. Perhaps this means I will have to leave the wife at home then when we go out!!! Hmmm, TT's stock has just gone up!! ;-)

A

Anonymous

U could wait for the new M3 with not 1 or2 but 3 turbos :auto-car:

A

Anonymous

Unsure about new M3 but I have decided to remove current M3 from my list. At the moment it really is only between a TT RS and the RS5...I have talked myself into this! I really want the RS5 but need to justify the extra cash to myself. I am talking myself into it though!

A

Anonymous

I just traded in my A5 3.0 Quattro sport, had it for nearly 4 years from new and not one problem with it. RS5 is a stunning car and I'm sure you will get no better, blows BMW out of the water in my mind.

A

Anonymous

I have practically arrived at my decision now, thanks for all your input and help. I am now going for an RS5 and passing my RCZ to my wife. The main reason was space. With a growing 10 year old it was not practical to have a TT RS and an RCZ (my wife drives my old Mazda CX7 at the moment but that is 4.5 years old and needs to be changed now) and I would have had to purchase a TT RS and a new bigger car for the wife. With the RS5 and its much bigger rear seats and overall space we can use that as the 'bigger' car and still keep the RCZ. Win Win!

A

Anonymous

Good luck. I just don't get the big fuss about Audi aint any fun 2 drive.

A

Anonymous

Hmmm I have to say, though bigger than the rcz the rear seats in the A5 are ok but not a lot of room in there for anyone over 5ft tall and and a longish journey :)

A

Anonymous

i was tempted by a TT but for what they are they are over priced. I sat in a TT RS that was for sale for £50,000 and it had less equipment on it than my RCZ that was half the price.

not forgetting the TT is getting a new version soon because the all new Golf is in development now which the TT is based on the old version.

A

Anonymous

The mighty Audi TTRS................. beast of a car and one of the fastest cars audi produce just now with a 2.5 v6 356bhp stormer of a engine and are rarer than hens teeth i have never saw one in the metal a rare beastie indeed and not great value for money unless purchased second hand if you can get get your hands on one. the RS version of any audi model is the last to come out with a shelf life of about 3 years till the newer version appears of the plain vanilla audi comes out but would i buy such a car nope valle norte??? NO i would rather have the beasties of all beasties the one and only ferrari/lambo/porsche bashing nissan GTR :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
The mighty Audi TTRS................. beast of a car and one of the fastest cars audi produce just now with a 2.5 v6 356bhp stormer of a engine and are rarer than hens teeth i have never saw one in the metal a rare beastie indeed and not great value for money unless purchased second hand if you can get get your hands on one. the RS version of any audi model is the last to come out with a shelf life of about 3 years till the newer version appears of the plain vanilla audi comes out but would i buy such a car nope valle norte??? NO i would rather have the beasties of all beasties the one and only ferrari/lambo/porsche bashing nissan GTR :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

There are quite a number of both the TTRS and also a bunch of GTRs around this way. I love the GTR...what a car!!! That thing will toast most things on the road! Have never been a huge fan of the Porsche Boxster but I gather that the new one puts the TTRS firmly in the shade...on all fronts.

Good news about the prospective job and that your neck is improving. :lol: about letting Avril drive your RCZ...I did exactly the same with Jen as I felt sorry for the poor thing being stuck motionless over the last 14 days or so. Jen's a decent driver but she was being coached about staying clear of all kerbs the entire way so as to protect my solstice bad boys. She appreciated it...I could tell!! :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

ValleNorte said:
I have practically arrived at my decision now..... I am now going for an RS5 and passing my RCZ to my wife.

:clap:

:auto-car:

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
ValleNorte said:
I have practically arrived at my decision now..... I am now going for an RS5 and passing my RCZ to my wife.

:clap:

:auto-car:

nice choice of car those Audi RS5's do look nice and I have heard they sound nice as well (have not heard one in the flesh yet)

A

Anonymous

Shucks!!! I wish I was Living in the UK...Damn....to think I paid 80K over here for my lil 156thp, would have had the RS5 with spare change,but that said, it looks a little too executive like the M3 or other saloon to Coupe derivitives... I'd like the Alfa though..kinda reminds me of a mini Enzo :)

A

Anonymous

Still haven't taken the plunge! It's now between the RS5 and the new S6. I test drove them both an my god they are good. The S6 is 4 door so my wife is angling for me to buy that but I still like the look of the RS5 but the S6 is the brand new model with the V8 twin Turbo engine. Not quite as aurally good as the RS5 but just as fast...if not a tad faster...on a straight anyway. This is taking a long time but spending this much money on a car is a big thing!

A

Anonymous

I think you're approaching this wisely. For me, it has to be the RS5...unless you're planning on starting a limo business.

A

Anonymous

Well, it's been along time since my last post about this subject...in fact its been a long time since my last post! About a year I guess! After all my toing and froing about a new car I still drive my RCZ!!! :) I actually bought my wife an Audi! Only the A1 S-line but still, a nice car and actually quicker than my RCZ off the line! Now though the time really has come to say goodbye to my RCZ. The decision has now been made and I have gone for the Audi SQ5 TFSI :dance: . I get good performance and space in the back for my boy who is now almost my height! Just have to wait 5 months for the delivery! I wanted the TDI but not available down here :thumbdown: . So, my journey in the RCZ is coming to a close. It's now on the market for sale.

A

Anonymous

ValleNorte said:
Well, it's been along time since my last post about this subject...in fact its been a long time since my last post! About a year I guess! After all my toing and froing about a new car I still drive my RCZ!!! :) I actually bought my wife an Audi! Only the A1 S-line but still, a nice car and actually quicker than my RCZ off the line! Now though the time really has come to say goodbye to my RCZ. The decision has now been made and I have gone for the Audi SQ5 TFSI :dance: . I get good performance and space in the back for my boy who is now almost my height! Just have to wait 5 months for the delivery! I wanted the TDI but not available down here :thumbdown: . So, my journey in the RCZ is coming to a close. It's now on the market for sale.

Enjoy the Sq5 nice car :thumbup: yeah you can actually wait over 6 months for these cars... :eek: My son sells Audis for a living...why-o-why 6 months he cant even understand....because if he sells a car he only gets the comission once the car has been delivered so its a 0-6 months pay time