What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

tricky marks

A

Anonymous

little orange coloured specks on the lower part of the sides and up the doors..............wont shampoo off, the tar remover has no effect and dont want to rub too hard..................what are they? and will "polish" get shot of them?

A

Anonymous

Is it a white car by any chance it will be industrial fall out get some carpro iron X to dissolve the particles :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Yes definitely iron contaminants. Iron x will draw them out of the paintwork which is must better than claying them or polishing them as this only takes the top off them but leaves the bits you can't see embedded in the paintwork. Just one thing to be aware of - Iron x smells awful, like rotten eggs but it's a small price to pay to get rid if the pesky orange spots. :)

A

Anonymous

K,
Coule of questions if its ok.

1.Which ironx product do you suggest ?
2. How is it used ?
3. Does the body work need to re-polished and waxed after using ?
4. Have you tried the Cherry flavoured one instead of the original rotten eggs one ? (serious question)

Ta. :beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
jactac said:
K,
Coule of questions if its ok.

1.Which ironx product do you suggest ?
2. How is it used ?
3. Does the body work need to re-polished and waxed after using ?
4. Have you tried the Cherry flavoured one instead of the original rotten eggs one ? (serious question)

Ta. :beer:

The product you need is Carpro Ironx.

Wash the car as normal and then spray on some Iron x. Leave it for a couple of minutes and you will see it start to turn red as it reacts with the contaminants. I just then rinse it off with the hose. Ironx doesn't strip sealants which is what your Paint Protection is but it can strip wax.

Not sure what you mean about the cherry flavoured one ?

A

Anonymous

Hi RCZ is right I normally leave carpro Iron X for around 4-5 mins on body work and 8 on wheels just don’t leave it on panels in direct sunlight depending how bad the fall out is might take couple of applications. As said wash car first apply ironx up to 5 mins then rinse with clean water.

Don’t know what sealant you have on your car but some it will degrade slightly even though it is PH natural.

Clay was mentioned now be careful with clay I am getting more jobs in the last 6 months where owners have used clay and left marring etc in the paintwork when not using enough lube and applying to much pressure.

Cherry Iron X is the new one RCZ its running at 2% cherry at moment and smell is so much better though the next batch coming in the country will be running at 2.5% and the smell has just about gone completely much nicer to use now.

A

Anonymous

delivered today.......it is the "new cherry flavour" type....................it works bloody brilliantly but unfortunately the cherry smell is simply not got enough ooomph in it to mask the absolute horrendous stink of rotten eggs. seriously this product stinks, even 3 hours after application and wash off!

still, no more orange marks and the wheels have come up really nice - so happy this end

A

Anonymous

you would not wanted to smell the orginal one then lol the next batch that is due in the country is better still either that or over the years my smell has gone really bad with amount of chemicals i use glad it worked for you.

A

Anonymous

@RCZ1 - :eusa-whistle: Too late already been chastised for leaving the screw top on the draining board when I had attached the spreay head and disappered out
the door to spray my girl

@bespoke - will deffo get some of the new batch then when this runs out - ta!

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:
:dance: me too Jac

I ordered a small 50mm sample spray just to try it out, it arrived next day !!!!

Havent tried it on the paint work yet but I did apply some to the inside of my front alloys which had started to get some heavy rust stains from the brakes.

As you know I have the Black Solstice and these rust stains looked awful, anyway I sprayed a small amount on the wheels and left it for a few minutes ( probably not long enough) but it definatly started to remove the marks.

I will now remove the wheels and do the job from the inside and at the same time attack the "measles" on the paint work.

So far this stuff gets a :thumbup: from me.

ps,
I got the smelly stuff , which tends to hang around a bit on your hands after you wipe away with a damp cloth :thumbdown: