What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Track experience day....the facts.

A

Anonymous

Just got back from a blinding afternoon at Bedford Autodrome with Peugeot. What a great experience awaits those fo you lucky enough to be going tomorrow.
Upon arrival you're greeted with coffee and biccies etc. Then split into three teams. There is three events that you will be taking part in. You will not be using your own cars, so dont bother with any additional insurance. All RCZs are supplied (probably about 10)

Part 1
The hazard course. You are allocated a personal trainer who accompanies you on the laps. he drives first and shows you how easy it is.
Hazard 1: A slalom of 6 gates approx 10 metres apart that you must negotiate at 40 mph, not to hard this one.
Hazard 2: accelerate down left side of straight to hit 70 mph as you arrive at a wall of cones you must then ,without braking steer hard right then straightaway hard left to avoid a second right handed row of cones then hard right again to avaoid the third row,all at 70 mph and no braking. I managed to take out two walls on second attempt, but third attempt OK.
Hazard 3: Once again 70mph towards row of cones,hard left and stand on brakes. Relatively easy.

Part 2

The speed course. This comes in two parts.
First part: accompany The Stig (One of em anyway) in a JP-LM race car 0-60 3.4 secs !!! He takes you in a hair raising couple of laps round the circuit.all the time overtaking your team mates who are on the same circuit. Literally jaw dropping, this one.
You then transfer to another RCZ where another personal trainer shouts you through 3/4 laps at brake neck speed. Brilliant. Just stay out of the way of the JP-LM.

Part 3
They have another selection of Peugeot cars. ie. RCZ, 308, 408,3006 for you to road test, once again with a PI going approx 10 miles around country lanes.

Then its back to the base for a very good Bar b Q type meal. They then present a couple of bottles of bubbly to who they judge as best driver.

All in all a fantastic afternoon, and i shall be putting some piccys up as soon as i download em off my phone.

Once again, tomorrows lot...........you lucky people.

GaryLarry

Reaction score
It was such a great day wasn't it? Just knowing the limitations of my RCZ and the ESP system was invaluable. Great to meet you too Dartanian, cool to see the only Amber Red beauty there too.

A

Anonymous

wow - it sounds awsome - looking forward to the pics - I'll try to get some too.

dave

A

Anonymous

GaryLarry said:
It was such a great day wasn't it? Just knowing the limitations of my RCZ and the ESP system was invaluable. Great to meet you too Dartanian, cool to see the only Amber Red beauty there too.

Yup twas a good one Gary. Hope you got home ok, my sat nav took us through the lanes to the A1, which was quicker than the 20 miles of 50MPH on the M1. Then Sunny,Dan and me blasted out way back to Kent, at 70mph naturally. :crazy:

GaryLarry

Reaction score
Yes, wish I'd avoided the M1. One of the joys of yesterday was three of us (Amber, White and black) driving away in formation in the sunset, spoilers up, lights on...very cool.

A

Anonymous

Pig sick.got home Wednesday night to find an email inviting me to the track day,sadly the email was sent Tuesday for the Wednesday,they did say it was short notice ,hopefully there might be another !!

A

Anonymous

morning all,

what an awesome evening out. I'm still buzzing after yesterday's track day at Bedford Autodrome. Not much to add for the description of the event from dartanian, but have some piccies (hopefully) below. was great to meet a few of you there - race0360 and H12PRO.

H12PRO - i've got some decent piccies of you - i'll not post them on here (unless you want). If you send me a PM with an email address, I can send you the originals.

UPDATE - pictures will follow cos I think I need to resize them and prob best do some work instead!!!

Cheers

dave

A

Anonymous

What a fantastic thrilling experience,

Not much to add, well done Peugeot and the instructors.

On the way home I was looking out for cones on every corner so I could get my driving line correct through them. The wife learnt a new word after today BRAKE!

Nice meeting H12PRO, eyetiepie and all the other RCZ drivers.

Ian race0360

A

Anonymous

Ooooooh thats me that is, in pic 4 with the Stig (apparently)......................The track girl couldnt resist having a quick fondle by the look of it :dance:

I got to say that the day was the most fun I think I've ever had with my clothes on. Twas great to meet some more folks off this forum and recruit a couple more who no doubt will be along soon.

A

Anonymous

@ Eyetiepie..........Nice one Dave. Post 'em on here mate - I've no problem with that. cheers!

A

Anonymous

Hang on.... I'll get my binoculars out. I reckon there are some girlies amongst that motley crew

A

Anonymous

Me thought so. Looks like one of em got de-badged too. Twas nice by all of the accounts that I'm reading.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Me thought so. Looks like one of em got de-badged too. Twas nice by all of the accounts that I'm reading.

The debadged un is Race360's - very nice it looked too with its black pillars and mudflaps :clap:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
I was there on the 3rd and enjoyed it tremendously. My only chance to really give the RCZ a good try out, and I was not disappointed at all !!!

A

Anonymous

Hell Im jealous of this excursion you lucky B***** spent at Bedford. How did you get to know of this then ?