What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Track Day Zolder Belgium

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Nice :clap: :thumbup:

So, it seems to me that despite it’s straightline speed, and being “the best handling car on the market” the dark grey Beamer was sh1te at cornering compared to the Z.

And the guy in the silver Porsche with black stripes doesn’t seem to have quite grasped the term “racing line”.

My sons have bought me a single seater day at Silverstone, and watching your video has got me right in the mood :thumbup:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Great footage Dan, obviously some of those drivers don’t know the meaning of corner speed! Lol
Looks like you were embarrassing a lot of super car drivers there :clap:

jr4070

Reaction score
Well driven.. You and the R embarresed some badge engineered fools there my friend.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Nice driving Dan, wish I was there !!

Looks like you upset the BMw driver and several others too, nice job. :thumbup:

DanRo

Reaction score
When we started the day I could see a lot of those guy's where thinking what's he doing here in his Peugeot.
After the first track session they had to change there opion :lol:

A lot of those guy's didn't how to drive or where afraid to use the full capacite of their car, but the guy in BMW M2 was a good driver but my RCZ R had a higher cornering speed. So luckely for me the Track in Zolder only has a few straight lines in it and the rest are a lot technical twist and turns.

So what I was missing in power I could compensate with the speed through the corners. Every time the BMW passed me was on the long straigth at the start/finish. But I protected the ideal line so when he reached the corner he couldn't take the ideal line and he allways went in the fast so he missed every time the first left. Then I tried to stay has close as possible behind him so I could overtaken him at the next right corner.

After that corner you have 3 more right corner's and you keep on building up speed going from one corner to the next. If you then dare to go fast through the last right corner you can build u enough distance between me and BMW so it will be very difficult to overtake me in the straight line that follow's.

The following straigth was not long enough for him to catch me. And then again you have chicane leading to the left corner over the hill; This is tricky because you can't see the apex going up the hill. Coming down the hill you are taking that corner at 140à150 km then to brake hard for the next chicane. The next part also have a lot of corner's while you are building up speed going from one corner to the next.

Long story short I managed, thanks to the very good handling of the RCZ, to keep the BMW behind me until the straigth at the start and finish. But then he always made the same mistake and I could overtaken him everytime.

Offcourse I need to be honest I have put some good coilovers under my RCZ and the handling has improved a lot.
The people from KW Competition (they normaly only make coilovers for race teams) build me a custom made set for my RCZ. So now I drive with a real race suspension (KW Competition 2 way). This really brings the car to the next level ;)