What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

TPMS - Tire-pressure monitoring system

A

Anonymous

Hi

How to do with TPMS during the winter and wintertyres with out TPMS? Getting error messages the tyres is not monitored.

How to do with TPMS when shifting wheel between front and rear. They seems to be taged FR, FL, BR, BL.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Obviously, for the pressure to be monitored the wheels have to be fitted with the sensors.
Then the sensors have to be registered with the vehicle.

So far as I know, every vehicle has the ability to register 8 sensors, so as to accommodate two sets of wheels - one winter, one summer.

If any wheel is not fitted with a sensor or the sensor is faulty, the system flags this up as a message on the display for a few seconds after starting the vehicle. I'm not sure if there is a way of turning this off permenantly. Again, so far as I know, wheels can be moved around the vehicle so long as their sensors are already registered.

In any event, registering the sensors - either a replacement or a new set in winter wheels - requires communication with the vehicles ECU, so usually it's a trip to the dealer.

A

Anonymous

Peren said:
Hi
How to do with TPMS when shifting wheel between front and rear. They seems to be taged FR, FL, BR, BL.
the car seems not to care at all. :cool:
i've swapped wheels on the right side and it didn't notice. where did you get yours tagged?
the only tags i have have been put by servicemen on tyres just for to be aware which one was where.