What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Total clutch failure

A

Anonymous

hanswuk said:
I can almost guarantee it will be in vain!
Now you are sounding like the "harbinger of doom" and so I shall stand side by side with you and suggest that you may very well be right :wtf:

A

Anonymous

Well there we are then. Clutch replaced at a grand total of £1614 :eek:

Neither Renault nor the dealer accept that it should be replaced under warranty and no sign of any 'gesture of goodwill' or even small contribution towards the cost.

I picked the car up after the work was completed and the whole episode has left such a sour taste in my mouth that I dont find it at all enjoyable to drive anymore. I dont trust it, and I have no faith in the 'support' from Peugeot.

I will tomorrow be picking up a replacement after trading the RCZ in.....................I'm getting a Renault RS renaultsport megane 250 bhp with the cup chasis :)

So I shall maybe see some of you at the next french car show but no more Pugfests for me.

A

Anonymous

you will bee joining mee with your megane. nice motor. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Wow!!! That's how much a replacement clutch is!!! :shock::shock:

Really sorry to hear of your recent troubles as I know you loved the RCZ and I hope this recently experience doesn't tarnish the memory of owning it!! Fantastic replacement car though!! :thumbup: Which colour did you plump for?

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Wow!!! That's how much a replacement clutch is!!! :shock::shock:

Yep, but that's brand independent. Apart from some rare exceptions it's a PITA to replace the clutch because you have to disassemble almost everything under the bonnet to get there.

A

Anonymous

Ouch indeed!

@ Beeeee , I've gone for the Capsicum red 250 Megane see ya over on the RS Megane forum Mate :dance:

hanswuk

Reaction score
I'd like to know the breakdown of that £1600 bill because it seems very high. According to my information the Peugeot retail for the clutch (cover, disc & bearing) is £280.31 +VAT = £336.37. The standard labour time for replacing the clutch is 6.4hrs. Even at £100.00 per hour (incl. VAT) that's £640.00 so the bill should still have been under £1000. What else did they replace or do?

Incidentally much can be saved by going outside the official dealer network. My company (GSF) sells the Valeo original equipment clutch for £135.00 +VAT = £162.00 retail and independent workshops often charge much less for labour.

A

Anonymous

hanswuk said:
I'd like to know the breakdown of that £1600 bill because it seems very high. According to my information the Peugeot retail for the clutch (cover, disc & bearing) is £280.31 +VAT = £336.37. The standard labour time for replacing the clutch is 6.4hrs. Even at £100.00 per hour (incl. VAT) that's £640.00 so the bill should still have been under £1000. What else did they replace or do?

Incidentally much can be saved by going outside the official dealer network. My company (GSF) sells the Valeo original equipment clutch for £135.00 +VAT = £162.00 retail and independent workshops often charge much less for labour.

You are right that is expensive - wonder if they charged for investigation time beforehand?

Good to know the cost of the clutch as well!