What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Top mount single or pair

howardf

Reaction score
At my recent service the dealership has said they need to replace a suspension top mount.
I've read that lots of owners have had issues with these.
Should this part be replaced as a single item or on both sides to ensure even wear /handling.? Dealership only wants to change 1 side under warranty :?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I was told there was a notice from Peugeot UK to replace the top mounts. This is only done in the event that the owner reports an issue with them, or if the garage sees a problem with them during other work.
In effect this is not a recall, just a notice to replace.

They should be replacing both of them, it is obviously good practice, and especially coupled with the notice from Peugeot, there is clearly a known issue.

Mine were both replaced at the same time & all I did was point out I could here knocking from the front.

You need to have a word, point out that you are aware of the notice from Peugeot, mention other owners experiences on this forum & insist that both are done. Tell them to speak to Peugeot directly if they aren't convinced.

Hope that helps.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Forgot to say, my dealership is Evans Halshaw Peugeot, Wakefield.

howardf

Reaction score
I asked them if they would be changing both, but are sticking to just one, saying no problem with other side. I passed this on to the fleet provider as its a company car, who called the dealer, but they are still only willing to change 1 side but "will look closely at the other and change if required".
Can't understand why they wouldn't do both sides at once...especially when it's warranty work.
Evans Halshaw Doncaster

DKZ5745

Reaction score
All I can think is that the "notice" from Peugeot states only change what is absolutely necessary. Mine must have both needed doing.
Because your car is still quite new, I don't suppose it will make a noticeable difference to the handling / ride if they only do one.
As you you have said though, if it's warranty work, you would have thought they would have just done both anyway :eusa-think: