What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Top Gear Test Drive Directory

A

Anonymous

RCZ is featured on Page 263.

Headings Include:

Performance; Driving; Space; Build Quality; Safety; Owning; and Value.

The Verdict reads:

"Thanks to its looks, the RCZ could be one of those quintessentially French cars that slowly, quietly become icons.
At last a Peugeot we want to own."

Overall Three Stars out of Five.

A

Anonymous

Is RCZ 200 featured in new Evo issue 149 maybe? Comparison test with TT and Scirocco?

A

Anonymous

I sometimes think these people forget they are reviewing a road car, not a rally car...

"If the roads are wet then understeer will build and it’s here you’ll discover that the RCZ’s tail doesn’t really want to get involved in the cornering process."

I mean seriously? Hands up how many of you want to slide round corners sideways on the way to tescos?

A

Anonymous

P90James said:
I sometimes think these people forget they are reviewing a road car, not a rally car...

"If the roads are wet then understeer will build and it’s here you’ll discover that the RCZ’s tail doesn’t really want to get involved in the cornering process."

I mean seriously? Hands up how many of you want to slide round corners sideways on the way to tescos?

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think there must be quite a few rally drivers in Bangor!!!

A

Anonymous

BangorRCZ said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I think there must be quite a few rally drivers in Bangor!!!

...okay you actually do have a point there! :lol:

A

Anonymous

P90James said:

But that behaviour on the limit also shows agility and involvement of the car generally. If you are not interested in it and 7/10 is enough for you, buy an Audi than. Poor Peugeot is not valued and bought because of its driving characteristics any more, it seems.

A

Anonymous

The point there is that 7/10 is good enough for most people. And in that case the RCZ is nicer (and cheaper) than the Audi.

But there are plenty of cars out there that are 4-5/10. So if 7/10 is the minimum standard then its at that level of road performance that the reviews really matter.

To be fair, autocar have added one to their fleet and their reviews are pretty good. Not as pokey as it could be but more than decent as a road car (although interestingly they hate the integrated satnav option).