What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Top Gear: New RCZ

A

Anonymous

Thanks Liz! I'll let others be the first to comment on the article itself...

A

Anonymous

Och ... i thought I was about to be told it was going to feature on the TV!!! :(

RCZ1

Reaction score
New series of Top Gear starting this Sunday :)

Review of RCZ to be expected I guess although I was surprised to read (and never noticed before) that the 200 Sport model is such a reasonable price. I concur with their statement that there is nothing to really tempt you to the GT model from a money point of view, especially now Peugeot have decided to give Sport models auto this and that, that we now have to pay extra for, that we didn't really want in the first place. The extra money would have been far better spent on upgrading alloy options for the Sport models. Don't get me going on the alloy design again .... :(

A

Anonymous

Did you notice 'user 99's' remarks? "A weird car for weird people". Now...I may be a little eccentric but I wouldn't go as far as "weird". :lol:

A

Anonymous

I'm quite surprised they felt the seats were too high. Whilst I have my (manual) adjusters as far down as they'll go I feel this is as far as I'd want them and I'm slightly taller than average height for a male at about 5' 11" (the average is 5' 9" according to http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11534042.) Any lower and visibility for judging the front of the car during tight parking is going to be hit and miss (hopefully miss!)

Anyone else think the seats aren't low enough?

I was also a little disappointed to see that once again a review draws comparisons to the TT instead of other cars in the same market segment. I'm sure that's only because of the similarity in the roof arch profile and not much else thought went into it and to me that's lazy journalism.

I love that the RCZ is more about flair and great-but-not-all-important performance, which in real world driving makes more sense. The RCZ's stylings shows Audi that a 'clean' uncluttered shape isn't a design statement it's just plain lazy design lol! Don't get me wrong, give me a TT and I'd be happy (they're a fine car if a little dull to look at) but ask me to make my own choice and spend my own money and it's the RCZ without hesitation!

And roll on the new series of Top Gear :)

A

Anonymous

I do find that the seating arrangement isn't wonderful. I agree that the pedals are too high and there's something off with the seating somewhere. I have the seat as low as it will go (electric seats if that makes a difference) and the steering wheel rack adjusted as high as it will go but my legs can still rub the bottom of the steering wheel unless I slightly twist my legs....another reason for my desire to replace the steering wheel with one of the ones with a smaller diameter. I've gotten used to my driving position now but it's not ideal. I'm 6ft1 so not abnormally tall and have wondered how people taller than myself find it.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I'm also surprised that they say the seats are too high. I do have my seat set quite high to get a better view of the bonnet and I don't have trouble with space for my legs (I'm 5 foot 9) so I have a comfortable driving position but I don't feel " high up"

A

Anonymous

Half way up and my head would rub the roof! :lol: I still don't care...I love my RCZ...more than my wife would like me to. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Well rizzo i agree the driving position is a bit odd I've the seat resting against the rear seat and the steering wheel fully up, and even with the smaller steering its a squeeze but who cares after couple of weeks it's like second nature now and i still luv my pug after 10 months :mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

Peugeot car Price rise come the 31st of january :eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
jassyo06 said:
Peugeot car Price rise come the 31st of january :eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think:

Where have you got that information from jassy?

Car salesman that i was doing a deal with for the RCZ

A

Anonymous

Dont want to slate the RCZ but i have always said the seats are as flat as a witches tit and offer no lateral support they should have higher bolstered seats :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
...another reason for my desire to replace the steering wheel with one of the ones with a smaller diameter...

The offset to that is that the smaller wheel may also obscure the fuel, engine temp and indicator lamps at the top of the dash. It'll depend on other factors like how much the seat is reclined etc. etc.

I find for my ideal driving position I prefer the wheel (mine's the smaller one) set low enough that I can clear the bottom of the wheel off my left leg with my foot in position about to press the clutch. But with it set like that I can't see those top dials or incidators so I've got it set a little higher than would be ideal. But not so bad that I'd want a larger wheel, the size of the smaller one feels about right to me.

Other than that and the stretch to reach the radio I find the driving position very good and they're my only minor gripes in a car I love!

But back more on topic, I do wish Top Gear would include the RCZ in an episode somewhere. For a car they awarded their 2010 coupe of the year it's quite surprising they've not fitted it in...

A

Anonymous

So...who is tuning in tonight then...? Thank goodness for its return :dance: ...I can't cope with ANOTHER evening of Gotta Just Dance Factor or whatever the blazes that show is on Sky1!!!! :lol:

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
So...who is tuning in tonight then...? Thank goodness for its return :dance: ...I can't cope with ANOTHER evening of Gotta Just Dance Factor or whatever the blazes that show is on Sky1!!!! :lol:

I'm with you on that one buddy, absolute huge fan of the show and can't wait to see it! Such a shame that the Beeb has made so many cuts, two series a year just isn't enough. I too would like to see the RCZ put through its paces on the track.......they must like them though as they used a few in South Africa for the Top Gear Live shows :grin:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2