What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Top Cape Cover for RCZ

A

Anonymous

Just thought forum members might like to know of a cape cover received last week from:
The Cover Company
TheCoverCompany - Order Hotline 01432 379 357 For further details see www.thecovercompany.co.uk
which I ordered some time ago.
I wanted a cover just for the windows and top half. Fits lovely. Just the thing for the icy mornings.
I measured up and they made it. Cost £53.00 plus P&P. Its an
Artic Top Cover
Superb. A bit baggy here and there but nevertheless they worked to my measurements.
Well recommend to anyone with RCZ outside.
Speak to Chris Dash - and quote my ref.41122 - measurements already done for you.
Let me know if you get one

A

Anonymous

This sounds good and i do need to get one but my concern is that it would blow off of the car with a half decent gust of wind or in a winter storm.
is there a way to secure it? ow do you over come this issue?
cheers haddow2004

A

Anonymous

Sounds great, can you take photos so that we have a better understanding of how it looks and fits? :thumbup:

Obviously yours is the prototype so could you also give some feedback (Change in measurements) on where it could be improved for future RCZ owners and we would give some feedback to the car cover company. :clap:

A

Anonymous

Have attached some piccys- remember with the curved roof etc and the car being new - it is not an exact science - but it suits and it works. No ice on my windows/no scratches/no bird stuff.
Two large loop elastic braid strap bands secure it to the front and rear of car. 2 sec job to secure it and de-sure.
Hope you all find it interesting...............

Attachments

• Cover2 3.JPG
    Cover2 3.JPG
    255.2 KB · Views: 1,080
  • Cover1 3.JPG
    Cover1 3.JPG
    238 KB · Views: 1,080
A

Anonymous

Well done RWH :clap: That's looks great and I will definately be looking into purchasing one of these.

If there's enough interest we may be able to get a club discount!!

A

Anonymous

Did anyone ever puchase the cape above?. I know i did some time ago and is is perfect for the cold frosty nights. As i said before no ice on my windows and it was a superb investment.

A

Anonymous

Russ, do you have to dry the car off before putting the cover on? In this weather that'd be a bit of a pain, especially since I'm too small to reach the middle of the roof anyway!!!

Lorraine

A

Anonymous

No just take the cover off and hang in garage to dry out if it's been frosty but the car
No issues
I just turn on the ignition and thats it

A

Anonymous

MEvans said:
My dear rwhilis Why not put the car in the garage ?
Not all garages are big enough to accommodate cars! Mine is between two gable walls and is just too tight for anything bigger than a mini :cry: .

A

Anonymous

My garage cannot accomadate the extrawidth of an RCZ - hence I use a cover.
It would seem that std and integral garages are too small - they seem to build them smaller all the time. If i was licky enough to have a double garage with one door then no problem.