What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tomorrow MIGHT be the day !

RCZ1

Reaction score
Well, its been a saga and a half :!:

RCZ arrived at dealers two weeks ago today. Ever since I've been waiting for my plate transfer to go through.

My dealer has been fantastic through all this sage however :thumbup:

The salesperson I have been dealing with is now on leave so the dealer principal is dealing with me. He has been on the telephone to the DVLA almost on a daily basis trying to find out what the hold up is. Apparently, the DVLA are inundated with plate transfer requests, due to the new registration in September. What happens is your paperwork goes to your nearest DVLA office but then because of the huge volume, they are then all put together and distribution around the country. My paperwork is in Northampton :!: Following my dealers conversation with the DVLA this morning, the paperwork has been processed and will be in the post today, directly to my dealer, who should have it tomorrow. As soon as they have the paperwork the car is mine :dance:

I handed my car over to them last Thursday as my tax expired on the last day of September. They offered me their RCZ in the interim but as I'm on leave I didn't really need one (I have use of my hubby's car). The dealer principal is really apologetic for all the delays since I placed my order, back in February, so is throwing in a full tank of petrol, a service package and he even offered to deliver the car to my house - which I think is really good of them. However, I don't want to miss out on the great reveal :thumbup:

The last two weeks have been the longest I can ever remember and I think going to the dealers to see it when it arrived has only made the wait even worse. I'm not sleeping at night - its terrible but it may be only one more sleep :sleeping-yellow: :dance:

A

Anonymous

Fantastic news. Hope it happens tomorrow and all goes well.
I know I don't need to say it but the wait will have been worth it. YOU WILL LOVE THIS CAR!!!!

All the best.

G81

Reaction score
Great news! Finally! :beer:

A

Anonymous

Wow what a perfect dealer
The plate transfer for my car took 2 1/2 weeks so I sympathize with you.

A

Anonymous

hope you get your car tommorrow, It really Is some wait you've had theres no way I could wait that long

If you get It tommorrow I hope to see lots of pics

A

Anonymous

hope you get sorted soon it does start to cheese you off after a while

dpb

Reaction score
Good news - keep my fingers crossed for you !

A

Anonymous

FINALLY!!! But then do you still have to hand it over for the leather seating? You must have the patience of a saint and Job combined, girl :clap: :clap: :clap: . I wish you many miles of happy motoring in your long-awaited baby and am sure you'll be as pleased as everyone who's actually got theirs. :beer:

G81

Reaction score
I hope you got it, and are just busy detailing.

A

Anonymous

Come on RCZ1....the suspense is killing us :sleeping-yellow: :sleeping-yellow: :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
The suspense is killing me too :thumbdown:

Still waiting. I think those DVLA people must use snail mail and post it in Outer Mongolia :!:

Maybe tomorrow - ever hopeful :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

you'd have been quicker doing it yourself and going into your local DVLA office it only took 2 days on my current car because I done it that way

RCZ1

Reaction score
If I knew then what I know now, I would have taken the car with a 60 plate, taken it straight to the re-trimmers, whilst waiting for my plate transfer to go through. Waiting for the DVLA has set all my plans back - oh well :roll:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
If I knew then what I know now, I would have taken the car with a 60 plate, taken it straight to the re-trimmers, whilst waiting for my plate transfer to go through. Waiting for the DVLA has set all my plans back - oh well :roll:
Oh yikes!!! After waiting this long you STILL have to have the re-trim? I take my hat off to you for your patience. After this wait you'll have to keep your RCZ for many a long year to make up. :crazy:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
The suspense is killing me too :thumbdown:

Still waiting. I think those DVLA people must use snail mail and post it in Outer Mongolia :!:

Maybe tomorrow - ever hopeful :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle:

Hmmm, I sent some postcards from Outer Mongolia (technically just Mongolia these days) in mid-August and they still haven't arrived. I'll let you know how that goes against the DVLA.

RCZ1

Reaction score
The last time I did a plate transfer (3.5 years ago when I got my current car - which I now don't have!) it only took a week :!:

Either the DVLA have gone very very slow or there has been a big increase in the number of people with personal number plates. :eusa-think:

Still not heard anything today BTW :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:

I should imagine from field to tanners and to trimmers would take less time than the DVLA :crazy:

RCZ1

Reaction score
RCZ White said:
RCZ1 said:

I should imagine from field to tanners and to trimmers would take less time than the DVLA :crazy:

I think you could well be right there :(