What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

To RCZ or not to RCZ?

A

Anonymous

I am a 24yr old working in car insurance. My current car, a Renault Twingo GT, has 40k miles on the clock and is fast approaching it's third birthday (July 15th). I own the car, and Peugeot have agreed £4,250 for it (shocking when I paid £10k for it). I was all set to order a Clio RS 200 Cup on finance, but the deal my friend achieved last year was long gone.

I upped my budget to £300 a month, and started looking at more grown-up coupes. I loved the Z4 but was out my price range, Audi were inflexible on the TT and wanted a shocking 12.1% APR and the Scirocco 2.0 TSi was... dull.

I drove the RCZ, more out of curiosity than anything. Despite owning a French car, I'd never normally look twice at a Peugeot. However, I was blown away. I've settled on the 200bhp version, and was happy to settle for the Sport. After looking at some 3rd party finance companies, I've got the 200bhp GT in white down to £290. However, delivery is not until after my MOT date. There is a 200bhp GT in stock with zenon headlights and black wheels offered to me for £330 / month with my car as the deposit over 2 yrs on contract hire. Is this a good deal? For some reason, the Sport is working out at about the same rate. Alternatively, I could keep my car and look at doing a deal next April.

I'm at a complete loss at what to do. What type of deals have people managed on here? Any tips on where to look? It's amazing the range of prices I've seen for this car!

A

Anonymous

Put it this way- my other half just got rid of his 197 which was riddled with problems to help get the rcz (and a Subaru which is driving me nuts) and he says it's the best things he's ever done! He loves driving the rcz and has no regrets!!!

Being a fellow 24yr old aswell the insurance for the clio was crazy because I was under 25 but the rcz isn't too bad but then again I've got the diesel!

As for the deal that's not bad- I'm payin 350 a month for mine!

A

Anonymous

The Clio is a much better car around a track, but at 7am when you're going to work I imagine it to be a nightmare! The insurance on all the cars I'm look at hover at just below the four figure mark, but I have a naughty conviction on my licence which doesn't help!

A

Anonymous

I like the rcz because it has everything!!! Yeah the clio might be more fun to drive but it won't turn heads like the rcz! If I were going for a Renault sport I would probably go for the megane though!

A

Anonymous

My advice to you would be wait a while and save..

buying a new or nearly new car will loose you thousands as ya seen with the Twingo so id say hold ur horses.. start putting away that £350 for a 6 months or so and then look at an RCZ when you have a better deposit.

The value your twingo will depreciate in 6 months will be nothing compared to the interest you will save by having that extra bit of a deposit.

Plus you will be able to get a year old model then and reap the benefits of lower price. :beer:

A

Anonymous

I'm leaning that way to be honest but there's some great deals around. Not sure if I fancy a 2nd hand one though where someone has guffed in the seats!!

Seems like sound advice - getting an RCZ though I am looking at a PCP deal. Whilst saving is a good idea, I thought large deposits on the PCP was bad advice? I think a March 1st delivery with a '12 plate in Opal White sounds like a tempting proposition!

A

Anonymous

At 24 years of age. I would never have been able to afford a car like the RCZ. I just wonder what you would aspire to replace it with?

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
OO58RON said:
At 24 years of age. I would never have been able to afford a car like the RCZ. I just wonder what you would aspire to replace it with?

Replacing the RCZ??? When I bought mine, it was with the idea that the RCZ was a "keeper" just as my 309 GTi16. :cool:

A

Anonymous

LynseyRCZ said:
Figo said:
911... :lol:
Am I the only person that hates porsches- I wanna replace mine with an s5 :D

Go for an S4 ;) much better to drive

Plus if your gonna spend 50k on a car you dont want one with an engine in the front or the middle like a common man do ya? You want one balancing precariously over the rear :lol: :lol: :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

But s5's are prettier!!! Lol my other half would ideally want an rs6 avant!!! And I hate estate cars!

A

Anonymous

I've looked at RS6's, depreciation is steep. and i meen steep

A

Anonymous

I've been advised it may be possible with my car (£4,250) to have a shark grey GT 200 for £280/mnth over 3yrs. Perry's of Blackburn are crunching the figures to see if they can do it. Am I right in thinking I'd be moronic to even consider turning that down?

A

Anonymous

fiisch said:
I've been advised it may be possible with my car (£4,250) to have a shark grey GT 200 for £280/mnth over 3yrs. Perry's of Blackburn are crunching the figures to see if they can do it. Am I right in thinking I'd be moronic to even consider turning that down?

Thats £10,080 + £ 4250 (your car) totaling = £14330 for a brand new GT 200 in shark grey ???? The metalic paint alone is a £620 option and that's on top of the base price, so if you didnt go for a metalic paint finish then you would come in well under £14000 for a new GT 200 ??
I'm starting to go into shock, :crazy:

I was also under the assumption that shark grey is as rare as rocking horse s**t !
In fact i thought no new orders were being taken for shark grey ?

I've only had my GT for around 3 weeks, so If this deal is correct then it makes me feel rather ill and i have to go lay down !!
Ummmm i feel sick :eek:

I hope my accountant (the wife) don't see these figures. :shock:

As for being a moron for even considering turning this down, well YES YOU ARE A MORON. :lol:
Sorry about that but i can vision my wife reading this and then dangling me from my dinglies. :helpme:

For your sake well done, for my sake i hope it's completely wrong. :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Jactac,

Hes not buying the car on an outright purchase finance scheme. Your maths is also wrong as the 280p/m would include the intrest charge on the finance so the price would have to be cheaper than you have worked out.

Its either a contract hire which means he gives it back after 3 years and the payments are normally plus vat , or a PCP (passport) deal and hes forgotten to mention the 10/11k ballon payment in month 37.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that Marcus, you've just saved my danglies from being hung out to dry up and shrivel away . :eek:

A

Anonymous

Fiisch,
If you want to keep the RCZ, and you will, i think you better do a bit of overtime, cos month 37 is gonna be a b**ch. :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Sorry for giving you a heart attack - it is a passport deal. Guaranteed future value is £12k, which I'd pay in month 37 if I wanted to keep it. You can either keep it and pay it, refinance the remainder or hand it back and get the difference between guaranteed and actual value as deposit.

I'm not sure I'd choose shark grey, but some of the pictures look nice. I'm frantically searching for a reason not to do this.

A

Anonymous

There is no logical reason for not doing it. The RCZ is a fantastic and fun car to drive. With it's fantastic looks thrown in for nought