What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

To have car warranty or not to have

sean

Reaction score
So I've now had my rcz for nearly 3 months and the warranty with the dealers is set to run out on the 1st of December. I've just had a call from mbg direct who the policy with the dealers was with.
So for £25 a month they will cover just about everything except entertainment system. My car is 9 year old with around 47000 on the clock its the 2. O hdi so it's still not even run in really. Is a warranty woth getting? What are the common faults with the 2.0hdi if any?

Thanks

Kerr

Reaction score
Never heard of them. Their reviews look poor.

I'd be surprised if their policy covered nearly everything on a 9 year old car.

sean

Reaction score
I checked the reviews and not great but also how many people leave reviews unless there's a problem?
I'm thinking of not bothering with the warranty, as from what I've been told here the hdi is pretty bullet proof, so findger crossed I've made the right decision.

Ian J.

Reaction score
This is an insurance so if there is a way of getting out of paying up they will so read all the small print and cap on liability
£25 per month is small beans if something big goes bang but best to know what you getting for the money.
2.0 hdi has a good reputation so I would be more inclined to pay for it if I had the petrol which has a number of weak points {I've got a petrol one}

sean

Reaction score
This is an insurance so if there is a way of getting out of paying up they will so read all the small print and cap on liability
£25 per month is small beans if something big goes bang but best to know what you getting for the money.
2.0 hdi has a good reputation so I would be more inclined to pay for it if I had the petrol which has a number of weak points {I've got a petrol one}
Yes the £25 a month isn't a lot but after checking the small print they will only pay the 1st £1000 of any claim so not going to both, hopefully I've made the right decision