What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

TMC Announcements

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems receiving these?

My new car with RT6 hasn't displayed one in two months of ownership, no matter how many times I've read the handbook and fiddled with the settings.

My previous NG4 showed them quite regularly.

Any ideas or experience out there, guys please?

If it's relevant, I'm UK resident.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I get them on my RT6 but in recent weeks / months, it seems to be showing me the same repeat messages on a regular basis. I receive them most days but sometimes it's not clear if it's a new announcement or an old one,

pete.garratt

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
I get them on my RT6 but in recent weeks / months, it seems to be showing me the same repeat messages on a regular basis. I receive them most days but sometimes it's not clear if it's a new announcement or an old one,

Interesting. Do you know what build of firmware your system has? I'll see if I can check into mine and we can do a comparison.

RCZ1

Reaction score
The only info I could find was the following

United_kingdom Navteq 2012/13

Don't know if it means anything to you?

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Thanks, RCZ1 - reckon it's the last line I'm interested in.

However, tell me how you found it, please - 'cos I haven't yet succeeded.

A

Anonymous

I was getting too many alerts on mine so I changed the setup to only show me alerts on the route (hence it only works if you are actively using sat nav) rather than selecting the 'around' the car option. I have found it goes silent for a bit of I've not updated the radio list to where I am (I have the tmc channel set to automatic). Once I've redone the radio list I start to get alerts again.

tianorth

Reaction score
Does the system need the radio to be on to update or is it done in the background?

I usually do not have radio or music on whilst driving, but do use the sat nav.

Chris

A

Anonymous

tianorth said:
Does the system need the radio to be on to update or is it done in the background?

I usually do not have radio or music on whilst driving, but do use the sat nav.

Chris

No radio or music whilst driving, :?

You must be having a riveting conversation with the lady inside the sat nav. :lol:

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Well, after a short visit to my dealer and a small firmware update I am now inundated with TMS messages.

All is well.