What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tire pressure monitoring sensors.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Tire pressure monitoring sensors.

I recently had new alloys fitted with new valves which just screw to the sensors when re inflated one sensor showed up as flat tyre so released all the pressure then re inflated and hey presto all good again. :thumbup:

Plecodoras

Reaction score

So, in response to the last two posts etc, you need to have them set by Pug garage or will the P2000 sort it?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score

Plecodoras said:
So, in response to the last two posts etc, you need to have them set by Pug garage or will the P2000 sort it?

I believe the MK1 and Mk2 use slightly different systems MK1 cars need to be set up at dealers where MK2’s don’t. :eusa-think:

Plecodoras

Reaction score

neilgsxr69 said:
Plecodoras said:

I believe the MK1 and Mk2 use slightly different systems MK1 cars need to be set up at dealers where MK2’s don’t. :eusa-think:

Cheers Neil, I don't know anything other than we have discussed previously, i was hoping that maybe a forum member has had this issue before and knows a definitive answer. It seems just too simple that you just add a new one and it syncs with the existing system. As I said - I don't know about either the MK1 or MK2 but can remember my " spare " telling me it was flat and still showing in it's fixed position at front nearside rather than in my boot !! LOL

Thanks for help and keep 'em coming. :thumbup:

DKZ5745

Reaction score

I wouldn’t hold out for any great help from Pug dealers, I once asked if they could swap my front wheels to the back to even out tyre wear while they had the car in for another matter. They told me that wasn’t possible as the wheels were “registered” in their locations.

It was only when another forum member pointed out that he regularly moved his wheels around, and that the car had never had any issues with that, then I realised maybe Pug dealers aren’t as knowledgeable as you might think :eusa-think:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score

DKZ5745 said:
I wouldn’t hold out for any great help from Pug dealers, I once asked if they could swap my front wheels to the back to even out tyre wear while they had the car in for another matter. They told me that wasn’t possible as the wheels were “registered” in their locations.

It was only when another forum member pointed out that he regularly moved his wheels around, and that the car had never had any issues with that, then I realised maybe Pug dealers aren’t as knowledgeable as you might think :eusa-think:
'Twas always so, not just Pug peeps.
This RCZ is my 34th motor and being of an inquisitive nature, I always have sought info on a motor I own or am about to.
I would be happy for a quid for every occasion I have pointed out to the "experts" something that they have either made up on the spur of the moment, misunderstood, or just lazy or ignorant.
Nowadays, the jolly internet and obliging Google enable anyone with the will to do so, to find out loads about loads from an arm chair, even in the back of beyond, like Wild West Spain!

ianGT156

Reaction score

I just bought four brand new tyres for mine. The tyre dealer didn't mention the TPMS and as ever, they guessed what the pressures should be. Different fitters did different wheels. No alerts on the dash before or afterwards.

I checked the pressures at a Morrisons (auto jobby thing) and the pressures varied from 29 to 36 PSI. So either my TPMS aren't that sensitive or just don't work. The car rides a lot better when they're at the right pressures!

DKZ5745

Reaction score

I think it needs to detect “significant” drop in pressure. It’s not really designed as a pressure measuring device, more of a puncture warning thingy, from what I understand.

stewartwillsher

Reaction score

With the 108, there is a button in the glove box, which you press once the tyres are inflated to correct pressure, then at a percentage under (it's in the book somewhere) a warning lamp lights up.
Simple, eh?

DKZ5745

Reaction score

DKZ5745 said:
I think it needs to detect “significant” drop in pressure. It’s not really designed as a pressure measuring device, more of a puncture warning thingy, from what I understand.

So today my car proved me wrong, well, kind of.

We had taken our little Dachshund out to a local beauty spot & on setting off to come home I got a beep from the dashboard & a low tyre pressure warning for my rear offside. It disappeared after a second or two. I got out & looked & it seemed fine. A quick feel round the tread didn’t show any foreign objects, so I set off home as it wasn’t far at all.

We stopped off at the Asda & on setting off from there I got the same message. When I got home I stuck my trusty digital gauge in & low & behold, 10psi had gone missing somewhere. All the others were spot on.

So, the sensors do detect a 10psi drop, and don’t have to wait until it’s flat to warn you.

Now I’m just concerned why I lost 10psi from one tyre :eusa-think: I will keep an eye on that one :shock:

Plecodoras

Reaction score

Yes I know that for sure..... sorry Peter rabbit watching with granddaughter !!!

No seriously, I have a slow leak from my rear nearside tyre and it always warns me of a pressure drop, since it loses about .3 bar every couple of weeks.
After speaking with a fellow enthusiast ( Neil ! ) it appears my fault, because after the tyre blow-out I had, when I went for the new tyre fitting, I asked him to keep the valve because it has the sensor in it. This is factually incorrect, as the valve can be disposed of each time for a new one, as the sensor is held in place at the bottom of the valve by a screw.
So my tyre fitter saved my valve which now leaks due to being displaced.

Mind you if he had told me that, I would have said put a new valve on then and it wouldn't now leak.

This is the valve, note screw at bottom....

and this is the valve with sensor in place....

Images may be subject to copyright.

Hope that helps if ever anyone was wondering LOL.

pete.garratt

Reaction score

Regarding reset/new sensors it depend if it’s phase qm1 or phase 2.

Phase 2 is dead simple - just chuck it on & the system sorts itself out.

Phase 1 needs programming, which is a PP2000 job, so a dealer trip for most people.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score

Or a trip to me if you're local and bring me pretty things :D
pete.garratt said:
Regarding reset/new sensors it depend if it’s phase qm1 or phase 2.

Phase 2 is dead simple - just chuck it on & the system sorts itself out.

Phase 1 needs programming, which is a PP2000 job, so a dealer trip for most people.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

pete.garratt

Reaction score

Plecodoras said:

Depends if it’s phase 1 or phase 2.

If it’s phase 2 you don’t have to do anything.

If it’s phase 1, the sensors need coding to the vehicle, which is PP2000 job via your dealer.

The above is true providing the sensors are working. The batteries are supposed to have about a 10 year life. I guess some might be starting to fail after about 8 years, so bear that in mind too.

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
If someone does not have the sensors like me
Can I buy them and just put them in place and with pp2000 activate them? Or do I need any other parts like an ecu?