What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tire pressure meters

A

Anonymous

Hi,

on the 18 inch wheels there is a tire pressure meter installed.
Now when I ordered the 19 inch wheels with winter tires, this devices are not include and I'm receiving messages not that the tires pressure is not checked.

Can anyone tell me if I can use the devices from the 18 Inch wheels on my 19 inch wheels, so that the tire pressure is metered again.

Thanks for your reply.
Dafoto

A

Anonymous

Are you referring to the tyre sensors fitted along with the vision pack? If so they are simply (but alas an expensive) valve. So yes they can be bought for approx £60 each. I use the same wheels for summer and winter tyres and so use the same sensors.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
If the tyre pressures for the 18s are the same as the 19s. I dont see why not. But you would need a tyre place to change the whole valve over.

A

Anonymous

OK thanks for your input.
I will do this when I replace the winter tires into the summer tires again.

Kind Regards,
Dafoto

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I've got the sensors on my 19" summer wheels but not on my 18" winter wheels. So currently i'm using the ones that hasn't got the sensors and it gives me the "Tire pressures not monitored" message every time i start the car but i guess i'll just have to live with that for now. Will see next year if i do something about it.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
We are not aware that the sensors are any different between the wheel sizes since the system in the RCZ for this feature is the same no matter what you have as far as wheels, the sensors only monitor air pressure, not wheel size.

As for moving sensors around, we highly recommend you change the top valve piece as this gets stretched and worn when R&R is going on. We can get you just that part. We did this when we changed out our wheels, would hate to get a flat because the valve got a hole in it when moved by the tyre person. The valves are not expensive at all.

A

Anonymous

Well, got my first tyre pressure sensor warning yesterday?! Immediately slowed down but could feel the wheel wasnt completely deflated. Stopped at the service station, checked the pressures, and sure enough, it was reading 1,8 bar on both front wheels. Filled to the correct pressure and took a nice Sunday drive. Even used her for my daily commute to work and back today, and all seems to be well with the tyre pressures now.

Brand new tyres and no slow puncture evident. Think the tyre fitment place underfilled them in the first place. I did opt for a lower profile, wider tyre on the front. (a little more grip is always welcome :lol: )

And yes Ron I should probably have filled with pure Nitrogen. :p Think I will do that sooner than later.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk