What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

timing - oil chain issue!could peugeot please comfirm

A

Anonymous

hello all again, haven't been on in a while,
I had my car at robins and day peugeot about the timing starting to go,
symptoms are:
rattling/vibration,
sounding like a diesel,
cold starting bad starter motor crunch,
performance comes and goes some days the car feel super quick and others really sluggish!

R&D said its just the oil chain, with the car using 5w 30 semi synthetic oil it takes its time to warm up, i thought we used any synthetic oil because it heats up quickly and gets through all the little bits and pieces easier?

would the oil chain even rattle if oil is in the car?

i really love this car and knew at some time this would happen! in my opinion it seemed like peugeot want to fob me off!

so please could you confirm the problems about the thp engines if possible? i would like to get the issue sorted

thanks daniel

A

Anonymous

Hey

My old 308cc lost power on the motorway one day, put my foot down and stayed at 50.

Took it to my dealer as a precaution and they had to adapt my timing chain as it had stretched. Apparently a know issue with a solution.

If you have this too maybe try another dealer. Must be a warranty issue? I had the 1.6 150THP.

Keiran