What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Timing issues ,or not ?

Stoke Rcz

Reaction score
Hi everyone this is my first post so please be gentle ,i have 200 thp and changed the timing chain and vanos pulleys at the weekend.
The problem started there i used the correct timing tool and locked the engine in the correct order ,replaced the chain (broken) guide tensioner and pulleys .
When everything is put back together and a turn over by hand of four times everything turned by hand ok.I then started the car and went for a run and thats where the problem started.
The eml light came on and a code of p0016 and p0017 was listed in my code reader ,cleared and drove and instantly same again.
I stripped the timing to recheck all ok but still codes apear any help would be great .

Pedro

Reaction score
Cam & Crank sensor codes bank1 poss timing issue ?

Stoke Rcz

Reaction score
Hi pedro and thanks for the reply ,ive checked the timing three times and checked the operation of tye cam sensors but still the same .
It seems to get worse when warm .

Pedro

Reaction score
Those codes usually appear when one or both sensors are not sending the correct data to the ECU which needs the data for the timing from both those signals & Bank 1- cylinder No 1 so it just may be the timing is out ?
The other one to watch for is this can occur when the Camshaft has reached its threshold commonly known as over advanced which will obviously affect the timing & trigger a bank 1 fault code

Stoke Rcz

Reaction score
Hi checked the timing and is spot on ,even thought the oil strainer might be blocked causing low pressure to tye vanos pulleys.

Pedro

Reaction score
Filthy engine oil is a common factor with these engines with the Vanos issues

Stoke Rcz

Reaction score
Hi Pedro im going to take the sump off later and clean it all out ,i have seen on a website that the top guide had blcked the strainer and caused low pressure .
I think a engine flush and new oil willrule that out .
Fingers crossed