What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

TIMING Chain

A

Anonymous

The other point is you may have misunderstood. The engine has VVT I think (variable valve timing) and if you have to drop off the chain you have to lock the other end of the camshafts (the back end) or they spring open (they are pushed against the spring by centrifugal force to get the VVT) if you did not lock them they are a real PIG to get back to the right place sometimes.

A

Anonymous

The timing chain can be replaced with engine in situ.

And any damage would be top end stuff which can be done without engine removal

A

Anonymous

UPDATE, the VVT is done by engine oil pressure hydraulics, but still think the lock is required as its a listed special tool

A

Anonymous

Hi all well my car is back :)) they have replaced all the parts, they have had the car 10 days!
i have been contacted by peugot UK and they are looking into it!

watch this space.......

A

Anonymous

what happened with this, I have a 2013 RCZ and have a timing chain issue its going in next week.

French Letter

Reaction score
The other point is you may have misunderstood. The engine has VVT I think (variable valve timing) and if you have to drop off the chain you have to lock the other end of the camshafts (the back end) or they spring open (they are pushed against the spring by centrifugal force to get the VVT) if you did not lock them they are a real PIG to get back to the right place sometimes.
VVT is only on THP200 and THP270 engines. These engines have the trick BMW head.