What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Timing chain

Dodge133

Reaction score
just had a new timing chain kit fitted by peugeot main dealer,I've noticed that the tensioner has a flat head on it ,not one with a dimple on it.
Is that OK?

Pedro

Reaction score
Assuming your looking at the old one? Mine was worn flat due to the force its under when the chain is running up against it so I assume this is what your talking about

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Assuming your looking at the old one? Mine was worn flat due to the force its under when the chain is running up against it so I assume this is what your talking about
He’s taking about the head the first revision of the tensioner had a dimple in the head to distinguish it from the original but there’s been another revision since and the dimple has disappeared 😄

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
just had a new timing chain kit fitted by peugeot main dealer,I've noticed that the tensioner has a flat head on it ,not one with a dimple on it.
Is that OK?
Yes the dimple doesn’t really mean anything since the second revision of the tensioner

Vally

Reaction score
Is that OK?
Lucky my timeing chain snapped only 25.000 miles on the clock 4.500 pound for a new engine 😩

nonlinear

Reaction score
There’s been another since 👍
A couple of weeks ago I bought a tensioner from BMW (Peugeot were out of stock but gave me the BMW part number) and it looks exactly like #4 in the photo, so I would say that is the most recent design. Please elaborate.

Last edited: