What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Timing Chain Top Guide Rail

Fluke

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I can buy this part on line? Everywhere seems to be out of stock and I have been told that it is worth replacing this when doing an oil change

800600001g2nme3311a.jpg

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s usually in kit form with the timing kit it’s not something you would normally change when changing the oil.

chrismac

Reaction score
I had a look at ServiceBox.....

1594987427048.png

At the very least the Rocker cover needs to come off, Maybe lots more. There is a part number for it, but as Neil has stated - its most likely to be part of a kit and not a simple job.

tm2204

Reaction score
More likely this will snap as a result of the chain stretching slightly. Like others have stated you need to take off the valve/rocker cover to change this. You'd be better changing or at least keeping an eye on the chain tensioner as well as keeping the oil changed regularly with the correct brand & grade and also keeping it topped up to the max 👍🏼 Also... when I start my car I let it idle for 20-30 seconds before driving away to allow the oil reach the top of the cams & chain.