What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Timing Chain - Leeds Garage?

final_straws

Reaction score
I've got a 2014 RCZ and it looks like I've got an issue with the timing chain which seems like a common issue.

Basically it rattles particularly when revved above 2.5k revs. Therefore looks like it needs replaced despite low mileage c30k.

Can anyone suggest/recommend a decent garage in Leeds for this?

Jayne

Reaction score
just looking to buy a RCZ petrol 156 2013 just trying to find when should my timing belt (chain) should be checked

kevin

Reaction score
Hi Had the same issue with my 2012 took it to peugeot dealer and because it had only got 45,000 on it they fixed it for free

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Jayne the timing chain needs doing if when you start your car from cold it rattles and is noisy...
Always keep the oil topped up to the correct level at all times...
Hope this helps you out..

Is your RCZ white sk60!!! Not put full reg in but do see see this car around and was in my st at the weekend....
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
just looking to buy a RCZ petrol 156 2013 just trying to find when should my timing belt (chain) should be checked
If the cars running sweet and doesn’t sound like a diesel from cold you should be good with the timing kit as long as you use good quality oil and keep an eye on the dipstick and don’t let it drop from max. Chains should last up to 100k but failing tensioners usually put a stop to reaching those figures.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I've got a 2014 RCZ and it looks like I've got an issue with the timing chain which seems like a common issue.

Basically it rattles particularly when revved above 2.5k revs. Therefore looks like it needs replaced despite low mileage c30k.

Can anyone suggest/recommend a decent garage in Leeds for this?
I used Peter Ambrose Peugeot dealer in Castleford, not far from Leeds they’re one of Peugeot UKs most trusted dealership family run for years they know their stuff and don’t rip you off great service highly recommended 👍🏻