What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Time to order !!.... DONE

howardf

Reaction score
Hi

Its time to order a new company car and 3 years later than i intended its definately an RCZ this time :dance:

I've had a test drive in each of the engine types from Peugeot....
1) RCZ 200GT...3 day test drive........Awesome.........
2) RCZ 163 Diesel GT... 3 day test drive,,,,,nice .....but noisy after the petrol, didnt handle as well as the 200
3) RCZ 156 sport...5 day test drive.........smoother ride on the 18 inch wheels, very quiet engine, cloth seats comfy and wont wrinkle, BUT....dont like the "poverty trim" on the door cards, really spoilt a nice car....On this demo car (only 1800 miles on clock) the clutch bite point was VERY high, and there was a wind whistle coming from somewhere.

Now here is the strange bit....

I really fancied a Red Carbon as it had all of the extras i wanted as standard, however the price quoted by the fleet provider is over my voucher and personal contribution level ....(thats all engine models) :(
But i can spec up any of the engine models in GT with sat nav , metallic paint, vision pack, matt black wheels, and black pack all within my level :crazy: :crazy:

the fleet provider wont budge on the red carbon even after i went through the quotes with them and they were surprised so
its make my mind up time......

Its def. going to be a petrol GT with the extras i listed above, and am swaying towards the 200 over the 156 (£55 per month price difference).........
Any comments appreciated :thumbup:

got to order before christmas ;)

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Re: Time to order !!

Similar circumstances for me, only not a company car. I couldn't get the 156 after driving the 200 and the increased spec did it for me. I got a car nearly a year old in the end cos I dropped on one that was species up past the carbon level, not looked back since. Got to be the 200 :thumbup:

Tomas_90

Reaction score

Take the 200 before the 156 every day of the week! It's worth it :)

stagger321

Reaction score

If you can afford the extra payment, its a real no brainer..........200..............Simples

A

Anonymous

This is a no brainer for me, 200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

howardf

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies

I bit the bullet and have ordered a 200 GT, Morrocan Red, Black pack, vision pack, black solstice alloys, sat nav, and black leather... :)

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Sounds more or less like my perfect car :clap: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Get the HDI GT and fit a tuning box. 210bhp. Nice. Better drive and more torque, especially after the tuning box. Better fuel economy.

Nothing wrong with the handling either. I run 19" Spring, summer and autumn. I run 18" wheels in winter.

I have driven many diesel cars over the years and I would never buy a petrol again due to the power/torque they have.

I have test drove the petrol's and although okay, diesel it is. Each to their own.

:beer:

howardf

Reaction score
I got a call from the dealership last Thursday....they have my rcz in and it will be pdi / prepped ready for delivery on a trailer on Thursday morning... :thumbup:

this week in going to drag!

2retro

Reaction score
RCZ as a company car? Hope you don't have to carry more than one passenger. Like ever! lol

howardf

Reaction score
2retro said:
RCZ as a company car? Hope you don't have to carry more than one passenger. Like ever! lol
I know what you mean but sod it..........you only live once.......
Everyone at work thinks I'm mad but the day I go for a Mitsubishi phev (which seems all the rage at moment) is the day I roll over and give in :lol:

2retro

Reaction score
howardf said:
2retro said:
I know what you mean but sod it..........you only live once.......
Everyone at work thinks I'm mad but the day I go for a Mitsubishi phev (which seems all the rage at moment) is the day I roll over and give in :lol:
I like the way you roll! :thumbup:

howardf

Reaction score
anti climax or what!..... transport compay turned up with it on a trailer on Thursday...had a look around it and refused to accept it....it didnt even get off the trailer. :cry:
not happy to say the least.

howardf

Reaction score
Can't go into to many details just yet but i think one or two people will be having a few restless nights