What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tilting Mirror When Reversing

A

Anonymous

Hi, I can't get my passenger mirror to tilt when reversing.
I have tried to set it as follows :-

1. mirror selector switch set to LHS (passenger)
2. Select reverse gear
3. Adjust mirror to required tilted position
4. Select 1st gear
5. Mirror just remains in the tilted position - it won't return to normal position.

Has anyone else had difficulty with this?
I think may have to pop into my local dealer.

A

Anonymous

I think you have to return the switch to the central position for the mirror to correct itself back.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Mine does that automatically?

Put in reverse and it dips down. Take it out of reverse and it goes up to standard position again without touching anything.

A

Anonymous

Ah OK - this explains it ..... I do have the Sport model.
I won't waste any more time on this - thanks.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I have a Sport (to my knowledge) and i have the function :shock:

A

Anonymous

I think its standard on both models, because when mine recently went in to have replacement mirrors I mentioned to the dealers that it was a GT and the mirrors are fully automatic, and they said that both the Sport and GT have same same mirror functions. :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score
So, let's give this a try then. Do I decide how much the mirror dips ie I have to set the mirror when in reverse? Once done, when I put the car in reverse, it will dip to what I set in the future.

A

Anonymous

Exactly. Slap it into reverse and flick the mirror adjuster to the appropriate mirror. Next tilt the mirror to the appropriate degree of dip. When you put the car back into first gear then it'll reset itself to its regular position.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Tried it and it doesn't work.

I know it does not on the Sport. Wasn't supposed to on the old model either. Looking at the Spec sheet it shows it as not being an option on the sport and on the GT as being linked to the Vision Pack.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
So by that logic i would have a GT anyway? :D How can i tell? :lol:

I don't have the NG4 or whatever it is and i don't have any leather seats. I do have the Vision Pack tho.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Exactly. Slap it into reverse and flick the mirror adjuster to the appropriate mirror. Next tilt the mirror to the appropriate degree of dip. When you put the car back into first gear then it'll reset itself to its regular position.

Yep thats about it :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
So, let's give this a try then. Do I decide how much the mirror dips ie I have to set the mirror when in reverse? Once done, when I put the car in reverse, it will dip to what I set in the future.

Well, it will (should) go back to your original forward driving position when you put the switch in the center position.
And if you flick the switch to either the left or right hand side on reversing the mirror will go to you saved reversing position.

Also if you forget to put the switch back to the center postion for forward driving, as soon as you come out of reverse the mirror that has been tilted for reversing will automatically right itself into the saved forward driving position.

Last but not least, the visors drop and the interior vanity mirrors automatically lights up when a glamorous lady driver such as yourself gets behind the wheel. :clap:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
I think its standard on both models, because when mine recently went in to have replacement mirrors I mentioned to the dealers that it was a GT and the mirrors are fully automatic, and they said that both the Sport and GT have same same mirror functions. :eusa-think:
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the only difference was in the car's software. Both Sport and GT models probably do have exactly the same motorised mirror mechanism but the Sport lacks the software to control them when reverse is engaged.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4