What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

thoughts please Decals for the RCZ

A

Anonymous

Dear all after seeing close up the difference a decal make to a RCZ on Sunday and after looking through various web sites i have finally come to the conclusion that this is a good option.

Please add you comments on this and come up with other options if you want to

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 15,064
A

Anonymous

Mick I would love to do the coloured stripe but :eusa-shhh: the bread knife to be turned her nose up at that lol

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Well you asked for it...

Tell me the number you like.... Here goes -

So I have my faves from this small collection I have been looking at... whats yours RCZers

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I can see the attraction, and some of the above look quite good, but my personal preference is a naked Z. But, as has been said on these pages many times, it's your car, it's your choice.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
I can see the attraction, and some of the above look quite good, but my personal preference is a naked Z. But, as has been said on these pages many times, it's your car, it's your choice.

To be fair DKZ I tend to agree with all the non-white Z's, but a plain white Z mmm don't know, some of these look pretty good, but would be lost on any other colour.

:beer:

Plecodoras

Reaction score

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
DKZ5745 said:

To be fair DKZ I tend to agree with all the non-white Z's, but a plain white Z mmm don't know, some of these look pretty good, but would be lost on any other colour.

Fair point :thumbup:

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
i think that in the first picture, the right bottom one is what i would choose

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow Mick you have done your research! :thumbup: I'm tipping your thinking about the full touring car look? :eusa-think:

Tony I would ask Mick to post some photos of his original R I think you would like his decals as I do, centre stripe with side stripe incorporating a 3D style rcz logo. :beer:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Wow Mick you have done your research! :thumbup: I'm tipping your thinking about the full touring car look? :eusa-think:

Tony I would ask Mick to post some photos of his original R I think you would like his decals as I do, centre stripe with side stripe incorporating a 3D style rcz logo. :beer:

Mmm we will have to wait and see, but it does look tasty and I don't do owt by halves !
Anyway Neil, you haven't said if there are any you like?

And ok since you asked Neil - Tony here is my other R....

and my long gone GT200 Blue Dolphin...

Sorry I just couldn't help myself, it's like a disease..

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Well Mick I do like the bimota look but think bike when I see the Bimota logo, the touring race car does look cool but maybe too over the top :eusa-think:
But to be honest your original R is my favourite :thumbup: if I wasn't so in love with my Z I'd snap your hand off for it! :crazy:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Well RCZ'ers just for the record....

I too like my old car how it looks but it would be to predictable if I did the new one the same.

Out of the few I have posted, I like and in no particular order;

5 + 8 + 9 without the roof stripes. And

14 16 18 19.

And to be right out there - I would really really like a WRAP in the same colour as the Convertible Magna Steyr or my favourite 307cc Salamanca Orange pearlescent ..

So now you know, and that's why I said you would think me crazy if I told you what I really wanted to do... !!!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Firstly sorry for nicking your thread Tony :oops:
Well Mick you know what they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder! :eusa-think: it wouldn't be cool if we all liked the same we'd all be driving white Zs with black stripes :lol: as for a wrap I'm not sure what the finish is like? What about polishing etc? What did the orange Z look like on the Zeeland trip? I do like the Ford colours that metallic orange of the focus ST and my favourite the pearl green of the Focus RS now I think a Z would look cool sprayed in that with black arches. :thumbup:
On thing to keep in mind is the resale value of a heavily personalised R! :eusa-think:

Anyway I look forward to the new look. :beer:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Yeah oops Tony !!

Neil thing is with a heavily personalised Z , especially where wraps and decals are concerned ... and you know what I'm gonna say....

You can just remove them and hey Tesco :helpme: back to original :dance:

And yes I am a Yorkshire man but I'm not overly bothered about the resale value, not in the short term anyway - I just wanna have fun and enjoy my car.

full Wrap costs between 2 - 3K and a paintjob 4 - 5K if done correctly.

I wouldn't get a matt wrap and the orange rcz in zeeland was nice but not quite the shade I was thinking. I like the Lamborghini Orange and the burnt orange that BMW do. Imagine the one RCZ-Performance had in yellow and replace with those colours mentioned here, that will give you an idea of what I mean.

Though my son was nearly sick when I showed him the rally Z, I'm not ruling it out. :eusa-shhh:

A

Anonymous

Mick deff no 2 or 6. but there are a few others that look good ?? :eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think: which do you like

A

Anonymous

Firstly guys no worries with nicking the post. its what this forum is all about, Having a chat about the most important thing. The car itself.

I love the fact that on Sunday it was clear there is a lot of passion for the RCZ amongst drivers (esp the 4 I have met so far, Including myself) and that I opened up a discussion on decals as I am unclear on what to have. So I appreciate the input and comments.

I agree the white RCZ seems very plain and after seeing Neils car I feel I need to pep mine up a little as it looks bog standard next to all of the others.

Mick yes love the look of your other R and may re read the thread again and investigate further. Love the 3D logo ans the hint of red in the decal, But I also like the black stripe and chevron style band. OOOOO to many choices. :eek: :eek: :roll: :roll:

And me too would go for the full on rally style decals but know I would get laughed off the car park at work

More investigating to be done but thanks for the comments so far

Tony

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Well RCZ'ers just for the record....

I too like my old car how it looks but it would be to predictable if I did the new one the same.

Out of the few I have posted, I like and in no particular order;

5 + 8 + 9 without the roof stripes. And

14 16 18 19.

And to be right out there - I would really really like a WRAP in the same colour as the Convertible Magna Steyr or my favourite 307cc Salamanca Orange pearlescent ..

So now you know, and that's why I said you would think me crazy if I told you what I really wanted to do... !!!

Tony, 6 is nice but for me 2 is over the top !! though I just found this one -

What do you think ??