What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

This one has P UK stumped

A

Anonymous

Well I rang P UK and told them of this problem and they put me onto the biggest dealer and he asked a few of his master techs and so far I have no answer.

When I have a MP3 player (or USB stick) plugged in and it "sourced" the following happens. :helpme:

Get in car switch on, MP3 starts to play at volume 5 (too loud by far) turn down to volume 2 quickly. :shock:
Start engine, MP3 player resumes play at volume 5 (still too loud) turn down to volume 2 swiftly. :shock:
Change source at any time with volume at level 2 to MP3 player, volume instantly goes to level 5 !!! :shock:

Radio is fine, switch off at level 3, switch back on its at level 3, CD player the same. Bluetooth music from my phone, is fine as well. :eusa-think:
Now I have looked, and asked, and NO there is no level on the MP3 player (or the USB stick, and yes one guy did ask that ! :roll: ) in fact the MP3 is switched OFF and its just being used as a drive.
Makes no difference if I have "Loud" on or off, makes no difference if I have active on or off.

So people ANY ideas ? :helpme:

By the way dealers if you look on the MTech forum I have this problem posted there. :thumbup:

Paul141 :beer:

A

Anonymous

My satnav Oct 2010 doesn't appear to suffer the same issue, possibly down to a software/firmware update perhaps (mine hasn't been updated since purchase)?

However you could try pressing the mute button (push the volume button) before switching off the engine.

Also whilst the media is playing try pressing the larger circular stereo control (sorry can't think of the right name for it) and see if there's anything in the options menu?

A

Anonymous

Mine does the exact same thing... doesn't bother me as I usually have the volume (much) louder! Does feel like a software error though rather than anything the dealer could fix.

A

Anonymous

OK James, that's not good news, the problem I have is if I leave it on and get up very early (4.30am) and am not quick enough, so does the rest of my street !!!

Paul141

A

Anonymous

Never noticed this before so had a play.... mine does this when auto switching to the USB stick when turning the ignition on ....however I find volume level five is like listening to a mouse thats lost it voice due to a sore throat :mrgreen: mines normally on 11 - 12 :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

This automatic mid range volume level used happen on my Astra and Megane.

I dont think it is a fault, it's just how the system is set up maybe ?

A

Anonymous

Volume 11 or 12 :shock:
Right or wrong or default, I would like to be able to change it, but can not. :thumbdown:

Paul
:beer:

A

Anonymous

Personally I think it's a software default but only on the USB .

If the volume is below 5 when turned off it resumes playback at level 5 , if the volume is over level 5 it retains the set level e.g switched off at level 8 back on at level 8. All other sources ( radio/cd etc) retain whatever volume level is selected.

I don't think it's a fault it's just how the software is written. There doesn't seem to be a way of changing it.

You know max volume is 30 , that gets proper loud :crazy:

Regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

Marcus,
30, yes that is loud !
IF it is software, then it was wrote, then it can be edited, so change could be made.
HOW? is the challenge .........

Paul141

A

Anonymous

So into the dealer and speak to the Tech, he gets to have a sit in the car and "see" what happens, and agrees that's not right. Goes back to the dealer next week for him to plug into the OBD.

Paul141

A

Anonymous

Since we spoke I have tried 6 RCZ's...they are all the same so it will be interesting to see what he finds !

regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

Well its been in today, and they agree it does it :wtf:
They have to get the Master-tech to contact France :? Then when they get an answer they will call me :sleeping-yellow:

They are NEVER washing (if that is what spraying water over the car, and not cleaning the dirt off,is what they call it) my car again :evil: :cry:

It will take me a good couple of hours to get her clean again

Maybe looking for a new dealer.............. :eusa-think:

Paul141

A

Anonymous

Had the call from the dealer, nothing they can do, nothing Peugeot can do, its "how it is"

I can not make the event at PHQ on Sunday, but anyone who is there (and remembers) could you ask ?
Shame is I have now found if you leave the USB stick in all the time, it defaults to it all the time as well.
So as well as turning it down all the time, you are changing source as well.

Paul141

RCZ1

Reaction score
Defaulting to the USB stick, if you have left it in, makes sense. I leave my ipod connected all the time so when I start up the engine, it always starts with the ipod. If you left a CD in playing when you last drove it, it would start with the CD when you go back to the car.

A

Anonymous

It will default to the CD, yep, as long as the USB is not plugged in, if it is, then it don't matter what you had on when you switch off, switch on and the USB plays

LOL

Paul141