What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Third party warranty on used RCZ

RacingSnake

Reaction score
I'm on the eve of purchasing my first RCZ and it will come with the fairly standard 6 month WMS warranty and a short dealer warranty. I am wondering if anyone has experience of the 'Motoreasy' warranties as I got a quote for a more comprehensive repair warranty from them online. They are proposing:
* Wear and tear
* Consequential damage
* Overheating
* Faults found at Service or MOT
* Reasonable diagnostic time
* Cost of collection and return of vehicle
* Initial healthcheck
* Direct payment to repair garages

About 500 quid (minus a small discount) for the full cover 12months. I'm inclined to get some kind of proper mechanical warranty (the car is 2013 HDI), and have seen some decent reviews. Just wondering if this sounds about right or if there is a more favoured warranty? (Car is not coming from a Peugeot main dealer)
Thanks for any input

Plecodoras

Reaction score
I have PEUGEOT warranty on mine and far as I can see, you can warranty your car upto ten years old or 100,000 miles. Check on the Peugeot warranty site.
Mine is covered with the top plus which gives breakdown and recovery in UK and EU plus usual MOT cover.
Just check what people say about your prospective insurer because some are notorious for not paying out. I'm not sure if
Motoreasy get good reviews.
But for me if you have the Diesel, you probably have the most reliable engine anyway, I'd be inclined to bank 500 quid and use it for repair if needed.
Happy hunting and happy motoring, don't forget to show us some pics when you buy your RCZ. Cheers.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

RacingSnake

Reaction score
Thanks Plecodras - I've been in 2 minds about doing just that (saving the 500 for repairs or minor mods ;) )
I've got time to decide. Should be signing my life away for the car tomorrow so pics won't be long in posting! :thumbup:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
You might feel as if your signing your life away, but when your get behind the wheel of that beautiful RCZ, you'll realise it was all worth it !!

Flanners

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
I have PEUGEOT warranty on mine and far as I can see, you can warranty your car upto ten years old or 100,000 miles. Check on the Peugeot warranty site.
Mine is covered with the top plus which gives breakdown and recovery in UK and EU plus usual MOT cover.
Just check what people say about your prospective insurer because some are notorious for not paying out. I'm not sure if
Motoreasy get good reviews.
But for me if you have the Diesel, you probably have the most reliable engine anyway, I'd be inclined to bank 500 quid and use it for repair if needed.
Happy hunting and happy motoring, don't forget to show us some pics when you buy your RCZ. Cheers.

I bought my R with Peugeot Warranty (18months) on it, currently it is £399 pa I think and I reckon I may well keep it going when it ends Oct 2020; the consensus is from my readings on other Forums that 3rd Party Warranties are not worth the paper they are written on, not that I have any experience of them.