What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Thinking of Buying

A

Anonymous

Now, I'm sure there's a guide on here somewhere, but buggered if I can find it !

I've got an RCZ itch that won't go away even after test driving the 200 and finding it slightly underwelming on the road. Currently driving a 3.0 Z4 with 270bhp so the 200 was always going to be a bit of a come down power wise... but I just love the way the RCZ looks. 270R might be an option in a couple of years but thought I could live with the 200 and see how it goes.

So, just 2 questions really... how can I tell a 200 from a 156 and what else should I be looking out for?

Thanks in advance.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Apart from power differences ie 200 and 156 - there's not a lot visually to set them apart, apart from bigger brakes.

The main differences visually are between Sport and GT spec. Different alloys, cloth seats on the Sport to know but two.

You can pick Rs up for very good prices at the moment so I would suggest going for the 270 if you were a bit underwhelmed by the 200. The R is cheaper to run, more economical than any of the petrol engines and great fun to boot.

Take it from someone who owns one and I'm now on my third RCZ.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. I did notice that the 270R was cheaper to tax, which I thought was very strange!

How do I know that I'm getting the 200 version, apart from just believing what the advert says. Do the engines have anything different to make them stand out?

Also, were there any significant improvements for the facelift?

One thing that really stood out for me was the cheap looking radio.

frankvdb

Reaction score
The 200 also has suspension upgrades that include a brace bar between the lower wishbones. The 156 doesn't have the bar.
You will need to look under the car to see it though.
I was unable to find photo's of this.

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi craigdm :greetings-wavingblue:

with regard to visual differences between the petrol 200 and 156 variants they look significantly different and the 200 has a stainless metal plate around the oil filler which states, "THP 200" . If you do a google search of "pictures of RCZ engine" you will be able to see the visual differences from the images shown and the 200 hp engines have the stated metal plate cover on the top of the cylinder block by the oil filler cap.

The latter may be irrelevant of course if as mentioned by RCZ1 you decide to go for the RCZ-R finances permitting :thumbup:

.the big blue (..& to think many of us were once happy with a mere 55 to 70 hp and the lovely smell of 4 star petrol) :lol: )

A

Anonymous

Also, if you know the number plate (eg if looking at pics online) you can pop it into Halfords or similar car parts websites and it'll come back and tell you what model it is. So GT200, Sport 156 etc etc

renegade79

Reaction score
craigdm said:
Now, I'm sure there's a guide on here somewhere, but buggered if I can find it !

I've got an RCZ itch that won't go away even after test driving the 200 and finding it slightly underwelming on the road. Currently driving a 3.0 Z4 with 270bhp so the 200 was always going to be a bit of a come down power wise... but I just love the way the RCZ looks. 270R might be an option in a couple of years but thought I could live with the 200 and see how it goes.

So, just 2 questions really... how can I tell a 200 from a 156 and what else should I be looking out for?

Thanks in advance.
Go for the R. Bigger turbo and brakes, wider track, torsen differential, 19 inch wheels, fixed rear spoiler and 270bhp on tap. :beer:

TAC

Reaction score
Wait save for another 6 months and buy a R :eusa-think: